SASS Wire Forum

I need to let it out....

YES!  On the train this morning, I was looking for game reports.  Had to kill the NYT cookie so I could read the article.playing the Rams again. What a way to bookend a career.

the sports book had the Pats as underdogs, for about ten minutes.

I haven’t watched a game since the Beyonce Super Bowl charade and have no plans to change anything soon. Now Gladys Knight is being condemned because she will be preforming the “racist “ National Anthem Screw the NFL thugs

The NFL definately wanted the Patriots and Rams to win because of the larger markets.  The Rams are building a new stadium bigger than the Cowboys and I expect they have already won the Superbowl

I had to turn off the sound on the Chiefs game. Motormouth Tony Romo just wouldn't stop yammering. I doubt Jim Nance got 25 words in the whole game. 

Not only did the Saints get screwed, I thought NFL officiating was pretty bad throughout the season. And JMO, I think that Saints non-call might have been deliberate. How else do you explain it? The player even admitted after the game he had committed the foul and was surprised by the no call.

Talking about poor officials, don't overlook the terrible "roughing the passer" call on the Chief's for touching Baby Boo Brady's shoulder. 

The Saints/Rams 'no call' situation is bad.   I wouldn't surprise me if that official, or that team of officials

don't get a lot of games to work next year...... unless the Rams request it..... :lol:

Stuff like this makes ya wonder..... ?

..........Widder

I realize there are some hurting folks out here, but I have real doubts about the numerous "intentional act" or conspiracy theories about the refs' calls.  Think for a moment what that would mean.  You're talking about involvement by dozens or even hundreds of refs, league officials and others; a concerted plan to promote select teams and harm others; a conspiracy to commit fraud; and a series of cover-ups bigger than Watergate - all in an industry subject to Federal anti-trust scrutiny.  I don't think that the owners or the league or the sports media or the Feds would put up with that.

I think it's more likely that refs are human, the action is fast, no one person or camera has a full and complete view of every play, and mistakes happen.  There's a part of me that wants to go back to the 60s - no replays, and everybody lived with decisions made on the spot.  Not perfect, but faster and less aggravating.

LL

I always like the super bowl no matter who's playing.

I wasn't able to watch the 2 playoff games live so used the DVR. I'm so glad I did. Great games. 

The Patriots have a great chance since they aren't playing the  Giants.  

Archived