SASS Wire Forum

Is it just me?

Alpo

You're retired military. Someone doesn't believe you're retired military, and wishes you to prove it by showing them either your ID card or your DD214.

Now, this is not HR at work, or Lowes (to get the 10% discount), or anything like that. It's just some guy.

Would you show it to him, or would you tell him to piss off?

Another board, and the OP has that problem - I DON'T BELIEVE HIM. Several people told him to ask to see his ID. And I'm thinking, "You say you wanna see my ID card, my response would be SCREW YOU."

13 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

I don't have anything to prove.  I know what I've done and where I've been, if somebody doesn't want to believe me he can go to blazes for all I care.

+10

29 minutes ago, Alpo said:

You're retired military. Someone doesn't believe you're retired military, and wishes you to prove it by showing them either your ID card or your DD214.

Now, this is not HR at work, or Lowes (to get the 10% discount), or anything like that. It's just some guy.

Would you show it to him, or would you tell him to piss off?

Another board, and the OP has that problem - I DON'T BELIEVE HIM. Several people told him to ask to see his ID. And I'm thinking, "You say you wanna see my ID card, my response would be SCREW YOU."

They have no authority and no right to ask for nor see anything.  Ask them to prove their gender by dropping their pants.

Be prepared for a conflict, possibly a fight, when you do.

There have been some instances where self-appointed "Stolen Valor Police" have gotten aggressive with actual veterans, creating physical altercations. With that in mind, I'd just walk away. If they persisted, I'd begin looking for the nearest law enforcement, and let them handle it. Some bozo isn't worth the time spent explaining it and the paperwork that I might have to do.

On a forum? If I made the claim and was attempting to offer an opinion based on my experience in the military and someone called me on it, I'd probably post something to show my bona fides. If I had said something in passing, "yeah, when I was deployed last, Ali Al Salem sucked," and somebody tried to call me out, I'd tell them to pound sand.

8 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

They have no authority and no right to ask for nor see anything.  Ask them to prove their gender by dropping their pants.

Be prepared for a conflict, possibly a fight, when you do.

Oh, HECK no, 4T~!  :huh:

These days and 'specially in this state some clown would just be too danged eager to oblige ya!!  i-do-not-want-to-see.gif

I encountered a knucklehead that doubted my service. I told the whiney man-boy to perform a specific act with himself.

In my experience people that question another’s background or experience quite often have no real background or experience themselves. They are bitter or jealous and need to belittle another to make themselves feel superior. I usually do what I can to make them feel even more bitter or jealous. At that I spend no more time on them.

:ph34r:  Not military myself, but have many friends who are. 

My tempered reply to unauthorized and demanding busybodies is to tell them to go do what hermaphrodites do best.

Most just stand there, wondering what I just said.......:o

Simple for me. I would let this individual make a decision. If I cannot prove it, he can take a free punch. If I do prove it, I get the free punch. My card is in my bill fold and I would show them where it is printed, "Service Connected". ;)

Well, it would be a good and easy way to make a 20 spot..... :D

It would be the easiest $20 I've made since playing poker in the barracks with a couple Texas boys..... :lol:

..........Widder

Archived