SASS Wire Forum

Snowmageddon

Rye Miles #13621

Won't be gettin' much better!
It's supposed to get clear up to freezin' today (last night's overnight lows 2 below here, 8 below in Grafton, I forget who had 11 below but it wasn't here) -- tomorrow it's supposed to get up to 42 and rain.

Yeah, right, folks ... the ground is well below freezin', we get rain, then it'll freeze that night ... I need to find my JC Whitney catalog and see about getting auxiliary ice skates for the Jeep!

Or maybe pontoons ... frozen ground means lots of runoff and flooding ...

i finally got the north walk at the club house cleared this morning, about 90 feet worth. ice is still being stubborn, salted it down good again. once I was finished and got home, took the shovel to my drive again trying to bust up some of the ice. Semi successful, hit it with salt again. Streets are still ice covered even with application of salt yesterday. Sun's out some, might help:rolleyes::blush:

Try a little sand/salt mix and/or Alaska Ice Melt, if you can get it.

The Alaska Ice Melt works below temperatures salt quits. I usually get mine at Costco, along with below -45 windshield anti-freeze. 

It was pretty cool on my back porch this am; 68 degrees. But we had sunshine and it did get up to 72 today. I love Central Florida!   Hoss C.

Walks looked pretty good this morning, i finally got the snow off the steps coming up from the street, the ice...............not so much. at least I got it uncovered, it's raining here now temp is about 40 F. We'll see what they look like tomorrow morning:rolleyes:<_<:blush:

41 minutes ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Walks looked pretty good this morning, i finally got the snow off the steps coming up from the street, the ice...............not so much. at least I got it uncovered, it's raining here now temp is about 40 F. We'll see what they look like tomorrow morning:rolleyes:<_<:blush:

Well up here about north an hour and a half from you it's 43 and a steady rain! Could get ugly tomorrow!!:huh: 

Agree with you, Rye. we spent this afternoon making sure the storm drains were cleared to allow water to drain off before it gets cold again. Shovel and boots got them done. A few sounded like a water fall after getting cleared. darn stuff was heavy as well. I see on the news that at least one of the rivers up there is starting flood:blush:

1 hour ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Agree with you, Rye. we spent this afternoon making sure the storm drains were cleared to allow water to drain off before it gets cold again. Shovel and boots got them done. A few sounded like a water fall after getting cleared. darn stuff was heavy as well. I see on the news that at least one of the rivers up there is starting flood:blush:

Probably the Chagrin River and people insist on living close to the bank of it and constantly get flooded!!:blink::o

Warmed up to minus 13 here.

Blew the driveway clear. It was a bit over 20" deep, but the plow left a mound in the front of the drive over 4 feet high (I'm on a corner)

Blowing snow out back has smothered the rear deck and blocked the patio door to a height of almost 3 feet. feet.

Gosh I love winter.

Archived