SASS Wire Forum

Snowmageddon

Rye Miles #13621

Northeast Ohio, 8-10" overnight and it's blowing like crazy and drifting. More "lake effect" snow today, maybe another 2-3". My snow plow guy came by at 12:00am, doesn't even look like he was here!! UGH, I HATE WINTER!!!:angry:

2 minutes ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

My nephew moved to Kentucky.

Maybe I should check it out.

I don't like long humid summers.

Best

CR

Me neither but methinks it beats 10" of snow and 15 degrees!!!:o

Howdy,

I walked out to get the paper and walked next door and put

his on his front step.

I came back and took my paper inside.

Maybe two minutes, wearing a Blackhawk insulated coat.

Three minutes max.

And I was in PAIN from the cold.

Then I walked out back and filled the bird feeder and I was in PAIN.

My next door to the south is in Arizona somewhere.

Easy driving distance to where John Wayne made movies.

I should be there, right?

Best

CR

Im still looking for a little Ruger patch for the jacket too...hehehe.

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Northeast Ohio, 8-10" overnight and it's blowing like crazy and drifting. More "lake effect" snow today, maybe another 2-3". My snow plow guy came by at 12:00am, doesn't even look like he was here!! UGH, I HATE WINTER!!!:angry:

And yet there you are.  

We still have room for good people in Arizona.

Stay way north of the Greater Phoenix Hive.

11 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

And yet there you are.  

We still have room for good people in Arizona.

Stay way north of the Greater Phoenix Hive.

I'd love to move to AZ, but I'd be going myself!! I'm single and all my family is here, sons, grandson, grandaughter, neices etc. Looks like I may be stuck!!

We only got a lousy 13 inches with lake effect snow and high winds coming. Normally I snow blow my two driveways myself but not this time Mama didn’t raise a fool I’m paying to have it done 

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I grew up in NE Ohio and I'm glad that now I have the Appalachian Mountains between me and Lake Erie.

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Me neither but methinks it beats 10" of snow and 15 degrees!!!:o

Most of us say that until it is 95 degrees with 95 % humidity and we're at a match  :P

Here in CT, about 4" of snow with ice and rain on top of the snow.  Tomorrow maybe 12 degrees with 18-30 mph winds.  Brr

I suppose I should knock on wood.  Here in my little corner of Pennsyltucky, it's suppose to be up to your armpits by now.  Not.  Maybe two or so inches.  But Brother, it's cold outside.  like 14 Degrees with a Wind Chill well below Zero.  Brrrrrrrr.

At least where I am living now (well, still in the process of moving) does not have bad weather to contend with. It has other issues but not freezing temps and snow.

I do not miss shoveling snow and bitter cold. Oregon didn’t have so much of that but the rain and gloom of winter got on my nerves. I remember growing up in Pennsylvania and I hated the snowy cold weather...when I wasn’t sled riding or in the woods. The cold didn’t bother me then. Hahaha

They called for 6-10" and we got a dusting. Called for 0 degrees and it was 12 with 30mph wind. Weathermen never get it right around here.

Got about 10" here overnight with high winds and more snow coming all day.

Took down the flag last night and won't put it back up for now.

Blew out one side of the driveway and the deposit left by the sidewalk plow, so my son could get to work.

I'll leave the other side until the white stuff stops falling.

Too cold to do more right now and in spite of good mitts, the old frost bite damage to my fingers started bothering me.

Now as long as the power don't go out.............

"First it snew, an' then it blew, an' then, begorrah, it friz!" - Irish tracklayer's saying on the U.P. Railway c. 1869.

We had 8-10" of snow day-before-yesterday.  Warmer yesterday and possibly today...but more snow on the way!  We sure need the moisture, but I do not care for the streets melting during the day, and then freezing like a skating rink when the sun goes down! Ya don't like the weather along the Front Range, wait a minute...it'll change! :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

At least where I am living now (well, still in the process of moving) does not have bad weather to contend with. It has other issues but not freezing temps and snow.

I do not miss shoveling snow and bitter cold. Oregon didn’t have so much of that but the rain and gloom of winter got on my nerves. I remember growing up in Pennsylvania and I hated the snowy cold weather...when I wasn’t sled riding or in the woods. The cold didn’t bother me then. Hahaha

Guess What!!  It has snowed in LA :P More than once. :o

snowfall_in_pacoima_1962_photo_by_Raymond_J._Gannon__1_.jpg

LA’s Snow Days

Debbie and her mother were witnessing a freak storm of rain, sleet, and snow that would wreak havoc on Los Angeles County for three days, causing school and road closures. On January 22nd, the Los Angeles Times reported:

The first sizeable snowfall in the Los Angeles area in 13 years left as much as 3 inches of heavy wet snow in such unlikely places as Burbank, Studio City, North Hollywood, Van Nuys, Sherman Oaks, Woodland Hills, Northridge and Chatsworth. The snowfall closed Topanga Canyon Blvd. and Sepulveda Blvd. north of Mulholland

Drive for a time early today, and canyon roads in the Bel Air district were extremely dangerous to predawn motorists. The early morning snow topped a weekend of freakish weather that included just about everything from driving rain in most of the Los Angeles basin to a small twister in Lennox, sleet and hail in the San Gabriel Valley and Orange County, to snow at Malibu.

6 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I'd love to move to AZ, but I'd be going myself!! I'm single and all my family is here, sons, grandson, grandaughter, neices etc. Looks like I may be stuck!!

My nearest family is six hours away in Las Vegas and the next is all the way to hell and gone over  in North Carolina.

I adapted and brought folks from California and met people here.

We got dumped on over night. Helped plow this morning as the  "crew" were tied up else where. Then I got to shovel 270' of walk around the club house that in places was over a foot deep. it's 270 this time as the high winds blew it under the portico this time.. the ice wasn't going to come up with the shovel either. got in about noon, had to walk home as my associate was tied up someplace. Walk home was in heavy snow fall, added up to another 3". Shoveled THAT off the drive this afternoon. My blower isn't running( figures). Think the primer or carb is gummed up. last time I ran it was early fall. More shoveling tomorrow as I'll have to get that last 3" off the walks there. Supposed to be brutally cold tomorrow<_<:blush:

3 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

My nearest family is six hours away in Las Vegas and the next is all the way to hell and gone over  in North Carolina.

I adapted and brought folks from California and met people here.

I couldn't be that far away from my family, if some of them came with me then yea, but right now nope!!! Wish I could but it's not a reasonable move! AZ is 2000 miles from Ohio!!

Two foot snow wall tried to block me from getting into my driveway.
Got a run for it, blasted through the plowed up barrier, slewed half sideways, then spent three hours with the snow blower getting the stuff out of my drive.
Snow is deeper than the snow blower is tall.
Hell of a howdy-do, get home from a double shift, had to pull a double because of bad weather, flu on top of that ... where's that jug of Kentucky drain opener?

9 hours ago, Catlow4697 said:

What does a snow shovel,look like? None for sale here in Phoenix.

Wait no snow here ,so I don't need a snow shovel.

It was only about 76 degrees here today . T-shirt and shorts and sun tan lotion..

Do you have any idea of how much I hate you right now???:P 8 degrees right now and it's going up to a high of 14!!!:angry:

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Do you have any idea of how much I hate you right now???:P 8 degrees right now and it's going up to a high of 14!!!:angry:

I love you too. I really do fell sorry for everyone affected by this winter weather.  You don't have to move here ,just come for a month or two like all of the other Snowbirds .Winter would be over then or at least breaking its grip on Cleveland by then.

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

8 degrees right now and it's going up to a high of 14!!!:angry:

You must be having a heat wave up by the lake. It's showing 1° here right now and I'm up on top of the hill. It's usually a couple degrees colder down in the bottom.

3 hours ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

You must be having a heat wave up by the lake. It's showing 1° here right now and I'm up on top of the hill. It's usually a couple degrees colder down in the bottom.

It's up to 15 now!!! :o:P

Warmer air coming off Lake Erie, if you call warmer 10-15 degrees!!:o I'm only 1 mile from the lake.

Minus 40 with the wind chill here today. 

Had to run the snow blower 3 times to clear the driveway and 4 to clear the front after the plows went by. 

Oh well, at least it ain't freezing rain!!

27 minutes ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

A salt truck was destroyed in Cuyahoga Falls after it got stuck in a crossing and got hit by a train. Seems the type of plow it had got jammed in the rails, driver got out before the train hit it:blush:

They played that clip on the news about 1000 times!!! Good thing the driver got out!!:o

It’s really cold outside, 40 degrees, just added another log to the wood stove. Supposed to only get up to 65 today, the horror!

0443F7B4-5030-4A05-826C-6743F91707BA.jpeg

Archived