SASS Wire Forum

Stoeger Coach gun spacers or recoil pad

Carolina Drifter

Has anyone purchased and used a prefitted recoil pad or spacers for their Stoeger Coach gun and recall what brand or model number?  Id really like to increase the LOP.  I'm aware of the leather stock cover option and may end up going that route but figured I'd ask anyway just in case.

2 hours ago, Carolina Drifter said:

Has anyone purchased and used a prefitted recoil pad or spacers for their Stoeger Coach gun and recall what brand or model number?  Id really like to lengthen mine some if I can.  I'm aware of the leather stock cover option and may end up going that route but figured I'd ask anyway just in case.

Stoeger has the recoil pad to fit this gun

2 hours ago, Carolina Drifter said:

Has anyone purchased and used a prefitted recoil pad or spacers for their Stoeger Coach gun and recall what brand or model number?  Id really like to lengthen mine some if I can.  I'm aware of the leather stock cover option and may end up going that route but figured I'd ask anyway just in case.

7 minutes ago, cajun bandit said:

Stoeger has the recoil pad to fit this gun

I'll definitely give it another look. I was on their website today and seen some for other models but not the coach guns.  It's possible I overlooked or misread. 

17 minutes ago, Carolina Drifter said:

I'll definitely give it another look. I was on their website today and seen some for other models but not the coach guns.  It's possible I overlooked or misread. 

OK ... try this one ... The retailer lists it as a fit for the Uplander. 

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/10111

edit: here is the Stoeger pad but I don't know how that would fit on a stock that came w/ a buttplate (the double defense is the "black" coach gun thingie ... comes w/ a butt pad from the factory). Same deal w/ the Uplander ... (do they all come from the factory w/ a butt pad??). 

I bought (don't know the name brand) a "Grind to fit" butt pad..

They sell 'em at yer local gun store..

They have them in large and small sizes..

They have gel inside to absorb impact..

I resized mine to fit with a belt sander.. :D

I bought a large one first.. Ground it down.. :unsure:

Oops walls a became too thin.. Gel oozed out.. :huh:

Had to grind too much off.. :huh:

Sooooo... I bought the small one..

Less grinding :rolleyes: no oozing :rolleyes:

Rance ;)

Thinkin' we all learn a little by our own screw ups.. :D

Just sayin..

I have always used grind-to-fit.  So I have a question.  If you buy the pad for your gun, you remove the butt plate and screw it directly on right.  Removing the 1/4 inch plate then screwing on a 1in pad, your gun is now 3/4in longer.   If you cut off the stock to keep LOP the same, won't you have to grind the pre-fit pad to fit?  GW

1 hour ago, G W Wade said:

I have always used grind-to-fit.  So I have a question.  If you buy the pad for your gun, you remove the butt plate and screw it directly on right.  Removing the 1/4 inch plate then screwing on a 1in pad, your gun is now 3/4in longer.   If you cut off the stock to keep LOP the same, won't you have to grind the pre-fit pad to fit?  GW

Your thinkin is correct GW..  :)

To keep the original LOP he would have to shorten the stock..

But the original poster wanted a longer LOP..

Rance ;)

Just my thinkin' :huh:

Your correct on OP question,  Rance   But you and I know we slip off topic once in a while.  At least thought it was a point to be answered regards recoil pads. Plus I wonder how close pre-fit pads fit over the range of factory tolerance on stocks.  Ruger grips is a point of thought.   GW   

Thanks for the replies everyone.  After reading comments here and researching more I've come up with my solution.  I needed to add 1" to 1.25" to my LOP.  So I ordered a Pachmayr Decelerator slip on pad.  Not personally a fan of slip on's but it seemed to be one of the easiest and least expensive methods (caught it on sale).  I'll likely end up making a wrap around leather stock cover for it with some left over leather I have laying around that way the looks of the new recoil pad won't bother me :lol:.

Thanks again,

CD

On 1/18/2019 at 4:01 PM, El Cubano said:

While I have not personally used one, i have seen one used:

http://www.kick-killer-recoil-pads.com/kick-killer-slip-on-recoil-pad-with-lace-up-closure/

Not sure if this is what you meant by the leather stock cover, but if it was feel free to ignore this

+1

I use these also. Works well.

Archived