SASS Wire Forum

Types of firearms legislation being introduced

Red Eye Jim

I'm currently working on an article entitled "What is 'common sense' gun control legislation?" and I'm hoping to address all of the current forms of legislation being proposed.  Here's my current list:

“Assault Weapon” / Handgun / Semi-Automatic, etc. firearms bans

Magazine restrictions

“Bump Stock” bans

Ammo purchase restrictions

Ammo ownership restrictions

Gun purchase restrictions

Gun Home Safety restrictions

Gun Safety requirements

Number of personal firearms restrictions

Waiting periods

Concealed Carry restrictions

“Gun Safe” Zones

Is there anything else I'm missing?

CCW national reciprocity

Constitutional carry

ATF is a regulatory agency as opposed to actual legislation

Not trying to start a fight.  Hopefully some will find this thought provoking.  

The funny thing about common sense is that it's not common at all and may no longer even exist.  There was perhaps a time and set of circumstances where a society could have common sense.  It requires some sort of common bond, one with the other, to share common sense.  A pervasive and shared belief in a given religion or a shared common enemy are examples.  In today's society common beliefs are fractured and as a people we are divided in so many ways.

One group seeks to write so many laws that you can't swing your feet over the side of the bed in the morning without committing a felony.  Another group thinks the first group are a bunch of looney retards and disrespects and dismisses their beliefs.  Yet another group thinks it should tell others how to live and what to think because they clearly know what's best.  The center does not hold and we swing further out of balance each day.  The law of the land does not apply equally to all, both high and low.  Treason committed by the "ruling class" goes unpunished but the rank and file better not step one toe out of line or face imprisonment and seizure of assets.  

I really don't think we have need of any more gun laws of any kind.  Technically, any law that restricts what kind, how many, when, where, or who is by definition unconstitutional.  This debate has never been about guns it is about control.  Specifically the control of individuals by their government.  The right to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.  

Until we the people unite and stand for our individual, sovereign, and God given rights there will be no improvement in our current predicament.  Within the Bill of Rights, the 2nd protects all of the others.  If that falls the country falls.  What we do need are laws that set term limits for any elected official, restrict growth of any government entity, recall by petition of 5000 signatures any elected official for any reason, public quarterly reporting of activities for all elected officials, and finally harsh penalties for any public servant found guilty of a crime.  

In closing we need more sheepdogs and fewer sheep.

Stepping down from soap box now.....

Devlin

5 hours ago, Charlie T Waite said:

CCW national reciprocity

Constitutional carry

ATF is a regulatory agency as opposed to actual legislation

Charlie,

I'm not sure I want to address that last one in the article.  It's already 4 pages and I haven't even really started talking about proposed laws yet.

Red Eye Jim

The last one is in regards to the pump stock issue.  That is why I bought it up.

But I agree that even with out it there's a full plate of laws being introduced.  CA alone could fill a book for your article.

Arming qualified teachers!

Archived