SASS Wire Forum

Guns at Winter Range Swap Meet

Wednesday is the busiest day at Winter Range with side matches and the warm-up matches.  Several shooters on last year's shooter survey noted they could not attend the swap meet because of the busy schedule.  The only time vacant on the schedule for the entire week was Thursday night.  So, Winter Range decided to try holding the swap meet Thursday evening.  Someone here on the wire suggested that a thread be started with listings of guns that will be available and this might help bring people back to the range after they are done shooting.  So here goes.  The swap meet will be from 5:30 to 8:00 pm on Thursday evening.  I'll start the list with a separate posting.  Hope you all can make it.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pair 3rdGen Colt, 7 ½” barrels, .357, early models.  Has original grips and custom wood gunfighter grips by Classic Single Action in Tucson, Arizona.  Excellent condition.  $2500.00 pair.

Colt 2ndGen Calvary model, .45 Colt, 7 ½” barrel, BP frame, bulls-eye ejector, conical firing pin, custom faux ivory grips, cased.  Bob James action job.  Very nice. $1,400.00.  SOLD

Pair 2ndGen Colt 1851 Navy, very rare round trigger guard, cased sets, arbors fixed and guns tuned but unfired.  First year production “C” series guns.  $1,200.00 pair

Pair blue Ruger Single Six, .32 mag, very rare 5 ½” barrels, short stroke, Bisley hammers.  Aluminum parts replaced with steel.  Original hammers and other parts in box. $1,200.00 pair.  SOLD

Pair stainless New Vaqueros, .357, 5 ½” barrels.  Complete Shotgun Boogie short stroke and spring kits.  $1,500.00 pair.  SOLD

Pair of ASM 1stModel Richards Colt Conversions (rear sight on adapter ring), .38 Special/Long Colt, nickel-plated.  Arbors have been repaired.  $450.00 pair.  SOLD

1stGen Colt, wall hanger but probably could be shot.  Made 1897.  .45 Colt. $500.00  SOLD

1877 Lightning revolver, .38 Colt.  $500.00

S&W New Model #3 in very scarce .44-40 caliber, shootable condition.  $500.00  SOLD

Merwin Hulbert copy by Anitua Y Charola.  Very high quality licensed copy, .44 Russian.  $500.00  SOLD

Two Belgium Centaur 1860 Army revolvers.  $125.00 each.  SOLD

Remember, In God We Trust, but all others pay cash.

Great idea. I'll be adding to this list. As I am attending the Classic Cowboy awards and dinner Thursday evening, my time for this will be very restricted. I can be reached via PM anytime during Winter Range though and can meet outside of the swap meet if needed.

Marlin 39A .22 rifle. JM stamped. Excellent condition. Bought for side matches and I don't think I ever shot this. Serial number puts the build date in 2009. $650.00 SOLD

Stoeger Uplander 12 ga 26" barrels, double triggers. Very nice condition. Longhunter FPs. Two chokes. No work done to this shotgun. $350. Used very little and never been used at a CAS match, looks as if it has never been fired. SOLD

AMMO, NON SASS. Factory CorBon 45 Colt. All boxes 20 rounds. 

2 boxes 200 gr JHP         $15.00 each

4 boxes +P 225 gr DPX    $35.00 each

4 boxes +P 335 gr HC      $25.00 each

Or $250 for all of the ammo.

Can send pics to email.

I’m not gong to make it to WR this year. I wish I could but work demands are high.

Cool toys being offered up. 

I call dibs on Larsen’s 1st and 2nd gen if he is willing to ship. I want both. 

Enjoy WR, it is a great match and a lot of fun.

Thanks

BC

I can't make it to Winter Ranger either, but damn Larsen I really want that cavalry colt. If it doesn't sell at Winter Range (fat chance of that) let me know. I really want it.

Ruger Blackhawks

4 5/8

Jimmy Spurs full race work

consecutive numbers

$1,600.00

Stainless

Raceshots@aol.com

Taylor's Running Irons 38/357 4.75 cch,  longhunter action work. $1100. Sold.

Ruger Sass NMV'S 357/38 Stainless, sequential numbers, 4.75's, Jimmy spurs full race job, lowered hammers,Aspen filly engraved, stag grips along with original grips. These are very nice and they run smooth and fast. $2700.00

IMG_20180910_143158988.jpg

Hey Larson,

Does it mean I can't buy now??? If I can I would like to buy the Merwin& Hulbert copy!! now. You can send it after WR. Also want to buy the 1st gen. Colt wall hanger. I never get to any of these big shoots. Home bound. Please give a pard a chance!! Also Will take the S&W Russian if possible. Will pay for all but you don't need to send them until after the match. There are three guns you won't need to take to the match. please advise. Thanks

BUGGY O'

SASS#48243

Gary Benschoter

831-722-9808

I was out of town for a couple of days.  I think I have responded to everyone's emails or PMs.  If you sent a question and did not get a response let me know.  I'll look through what I have and try to mark which ones have been spoken for.

On 1/18/2019 at 12:23 AM, Buggy O'BenSHOOTER said:

Hey Larson,

Does it mean I can't buy now??? If I can I would like to buy the Merwin& Hulbert copy!! now. You can send it after WR. Also want to buy the 1st gen. Colt wall hanger. I never get to any of these big shoots. Home bound. Please give a pard a chance!! Also Will take the S&W Russian if possible. Will pay for all but you don't need to send them until after the match. There are three guns you won't need to take to the match. please advise. Thanks

BUGGY O'

SASS#48243

Gary Benschoter

831-722-9808

The Merwin and S&W are both sold.

On 1/18/2019 at 6:50 AM, Deuce Stevens SASS#55996 said:

SKB Royal Light double trigger 12ga fully built and tuned as a youth/buckaroo gun. $900

I may have a buyer for you on that buckaroo gun

2 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Larsen E.

Would appear you will need a much smaller box for the trip to WR  :rolleyes:

Yeah, I may have to add a few more items.

I plan on being there, as well. 

(1) Ruger New Model Single Six in 32 H&R Mag - 4 5/8" stainless with box -  - SOLD

(1)  Uberti 1873 Lever action rifle - 20" Oct - Pistol Grip - No action job - Slight use -   SOLD 

(2) Winchester 1897 12GA, 20" barrel Shotguns - both have Roughneck Rod action jobs - One is E and one is D - $600 each

I may find some others that might make the trip.

Cash is the only King

I will be bringing:

Winchester 1894 Legendary Frontiersman in 38-55 - A lovely lever gun that is a great choice for SASS rifle caliber lever competitions.  $750

Browning BPCR Hi Wall rifle in 45-70.  It features a heavy matte blue 30" (1/2 octagon 1/2 round) Badger barrel, Browning rear soule sight and spirit level front sight with insert.  These were last made in 2001.  $1600.  

SKB SxS - 20" tuned by Johnny Meadows.  gently used as this was my backup . $1300

SASS New Model Vaquero's - .357 - stainless 4 5/8 barrels,  sequential serial numbers, with red case.  These were tuned by Jimmy Spurs with his complete action job.  They have not been fired by anyone outside the factory.  $1800 for the pair.

Are you going to be at Cowtown on Sunday? Or ACSA next Saturday 2/12. Perhaps we can make a deal. 

Or, I'll see you during set-up.

TB

I have 4,000 New 9mm Starline Brass that's still in the original unopened box.

The total cost was around $550 or $136 per thousand plus a dollar or two Ins.

Starline will take it back for a 20% restocking fee!:wacko:

So I willing to sell it for $400 for the 4,000

If I have to ship it you must pay the shipping, or I can deliver it out to Winter Range on Wednesday.

Archived