SASS Wire Forum

On the Role of Dogs

Subdeacon Joe

My Dog has kept me from going insane these last 11 months since my Claire (Mean Ol Lady sass#71247) passed away. I feel that dogs know more than they let on about. I was kind of depressed about some news I got Tuesday morning, and Juliet(my dog) Gave me a look as if to say "what's wrong?" She made me feel better.  I really do not know where I might be with out her.

And again, I repeat!!  I like most dogs better than I like most people!!!

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

If there ain’t no dogs in heaven, I don’t want to go.

I love dogs. Life would be so much less enjoyable without them.

Ain't no dogs in Hell.  Learned that on television.

4 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Ain't no dogs in Hell.  Learned that on television.

Video won't work for me.

I asked many a minister if there are dogs in heaven. The answers I have gotten have been interesting. I am not going to expound on those answers because I do not want to start a religious debate.

I will just say that I am of the opinion that was also held by Will Rogers.

Image result for will rogers dogs in heaven

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Video won't work for me.

I asked many a minister if there are dogs in heaven. The answers I have gotten have been interesting. I am not going to expound on those answers because I do not want to start a religious debate.

I will just say that I am of the opinion that was also held by Will Rogers.

Image result for will rogers dogs in heaven

Google "twilight zone the hunt " and click on the tab for video.   You should be able to find the full episode in a format you can watch. 

6 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Google "twilight zone the hunt " and click on the tab for video.   You should be able to find the full episode in a format you can watch. 

That’s a good one. Thanks Joe. :D

19 hours ago, Man From Boot Hill #71246 said:

My Dog has kept me from going insane these last 11 months since my Claire (Mean Ol Lady sass#71247) passed away. I feel that dogs know more than they let on about. I was kind of depressed about some news I got Tuesday morning, and Juliet(my dog) Gave me a look as if to say "what's wrong?" She made me feel better.  I really do not know where I might be with out her.

My wife passedon  2 1/2 years ago and my little Trinket has saved my life and my sanity.

10 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

My wife passedon  2 1/2 years ago and my little Trinket has saved my life and my sanity.

Trinket is a generous little dog!!  Jezzy made a friend.

In addition to owning Jack Russell Terrorists for about 25 years, I've also spent the past 4 1/2 years volunteering at a shelter/rescue for dogs.  I am continually amazed a dog's capacity to be happy, find joy in the simplest of things and be full of love no matter how bad their prior circumstances had been.   

The world would be a much better place if humans behaved more like dogs.

30 minutes ago, Chantry said:

In addition to owning Jack Russell Terrorists for about 25 years, I've also spent the past 4 1/2 years volunteering at a shelter/rescue for dogs.  I am continually amazed a dog's capacity to be happy, find joy in the simplest of things and be full of love no matter how bad their prior circumstances had been.   

The world would be a much better place if humans behaved more like dogs.

Has anyone noticed that most dogs a liars? They'll walk up to a perfect stranger and tell them "No one loves me.  No one feeds me. No one appreciates me . No one pets me.  Please be nice to me".  All the time wagging and showing all they think is cute behavior.  Darned little fibbers.  I take Trinket with me a lot of places.  Has a rug of her own to put in the bottom of shopping cards and can get in and out of most of them if I hold the back panel open.

She's become such a favorite that if I go into my bank, ACE hardware, Hobby Lobby, and a few others without her they always ask. I've even been told go home and get her, then come back.  They are joking.... I think.

Archived