SASS Wire Forum

Stage diagrams

Bald Eagle

Do you mean of the stages (facades) or of the target sets?

RR

I use Microsoft word. 

Squares for rifle, circles for pistol, and small vertical rectangles for shotgun - as a general rule. 

I may use diamond shapes or stars for various special targets. 

sent you a PM. 

We use Adobe Illustrator to prepare the target diagrams (top photo). The images are then copied using Apple's "Capture" application which captures a cropped screen image and creates a TIFF file. We then take the TIFF file into Adobe Photoshop and save them as JPG files. From there they are CPOY-d and PASTE-d into our "Target Clipbook" which is a Microsoft WORD document, broken down into four sections or chapters; Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, and Props. This Clipbook is made available to any of our folks who want to prepare a scenario. Images from the Clipbook are easily COPY-d and PASTE-d into our scenario pages (bottom photo). We now have about 200-225 different targets in the Clipbook and it is constantly growing.

RR

images copy.jpg

scenario copy.jpg

Lots of choices of software, but many are $$$.

If you have Excel, it works very well,  much better than Word.

For some hints, suggestions, examples and graphics:

http://www.marauder.homestead.com/files/Stages.htm

Rainmaker - thanks. We're talking about making our Clipbook public in the near future. I'll post to this site if and when we do.

RR

I use the free Powerpoint-like presentation software that is part of the Open Office (shareware) software package.   Unlike lots of open software, Open Office is really well done and supported.

https://www.openoffice.org/download/

It will open anyone's PowerPoint presentation, a Word document, or an Excel document, too, and it will let you save back into those "MS Office" formats if you wish.

Here's an example of a typical stage description format we use:

image.thumb.png.797414dd1c7e2256754ebe8897db4ba1.png

Good luck, GJ

Archived