SASS Wire Forum

Are the Cimerron Eliminators MA compliant?

Blackie Lawless

6 hours ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

The only SA revolver for sale in Massachusetts in the Ruger.  If you want a Colt, clone, or anything else, used and registered in the state before 1998 is your only option.

Or, get a cap & ball and then convert it.

Or, if you're flush and patient, the S&W M3 Schofield (NOT the Italian versions) is also compliant.

Look here, on The List, for compliant guns.

https://www.mass.gov/files/documents/2018/10/01/Approved Firearms Roster 09-2018_0.pdf

LL

4 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Or, if you're flush and patient, the S&W M3 Schofield (NOT the Italian versions) is also compliant.

Look here, on The List, for compliant guns.

https://www.mass.gov/files/documents/2018/10/01/Approved Firearms Roster 09-2018_0.pdf

LL

True.    But so few were made for such a short period of time.   I had a line on one when they were new, but various personal circumstances conspired against me at that time.  Still regret it. 

Oh!  I just remembered that there is one other SA revolver that would be legal for sale in this state under certain specific circumstances.

If you get a Colt, with factory engraving and factory letter to prove that it was ordered with said engraving, it counts as a C&R firearm.   So, if you have a C&R, and are willing to shell out the bucks and WAIT for a long time, you can get a new Colt SAA.

Or just a plain Sheriff's model, which also qualifies as C&R, even a brand new one, as long as it's .44 or .45 caliber.   Does Colt still make them?

I have a number of Mass compliant Colt clones that I will be selling when I get back from Winter Range. All are 45LC

Birdshead

Buntline

4 3/4"

5"

Etc

Contact me in March if you don't find anything. rvb100@comcast.net

33 minutes ago, Rancho Roy said:

I have a number of Mass compliant Colt clones that I will be selling when I get back from Winter Range. All are 45LC

Birdshead

Buntline

4 3/4"

5"

Etc

Contact me in March if you don't find anything. rvb100@comcast.net

How long is the Buntline barrel?

On 1/15/2019 at 11:07 AM, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

Oh!  I just remembered that there is one other SA revolver that would be legal for sale in this state under certain specific circumstances.

If you get a Colt, with factory engraving and factory letter to prove that it was ordered with said engraving, it counts as a C&R firearm.   So, if you have a C&R, and are willing to shell out the bucks and WAIT for a long time, you can get a new Colt SAA.

Or just a plain Sheriff's model, which also qualifies as C&R, even a brand new one, as long as it's .44 or .45 caliber.   Does Colt still make them?

My C&R let me get a Colt Sheriffs model and two General Meade Commemoratives. When you live in Mass you need to get creative. The commemoratives are often overlooked. They’re Gen 2 and some are not too gaudy.

15 hours ago, Duster Tom said:

My C&R let me get a Colt Sheriffs model and two General Meade Commemoratives. When you live in Mass you need to get creative. The commemoratives are often overlooked. They’re Gen 2 and some are not too gaudy.

2 Sheriff's models, 3 commemoratives, and a 2nd Generation.

Archived