SASS Wire Forum

Need buttstock and forend wood for a Spanish Double

J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE

I have a 12 Ga double that has no wood.

It is a Jana of Denver Colorado imported gun.  The Model is a "Loyola"

I believe it may have been made by Zabala

it is a box lock and the barrels have 3 1/2 chambers.

It is an extractor only gun with the lug between the barrels that has a sideways moving bolt locking it up. (Can't think of the name at the moment)

So far I have found nothing online-but perhaps someone has a better line on this stuff than I do.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ace Of Hearts.

To make a new stock without a pattern is a labor intensive process.

Unless the gun is of very high value or has some history, the expense would far exceed the value of the gun. 

http://www.egunner.com/loyola-shotgun-12-ga,name,11823292,auction_id,auction_details

2 hours ago, J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE said:

Thanks!  I had not heard of them, but I haven't restocked anything in 20+ years so I need new knowledge.

My hands are hurting at the thought of trying to inlet a slab of wood to fit the action.

What I do is make a pattern stock from softer wood. (I just by whiteboard or pine and laminate several pieces together)

Once you have a pattern stock fitted to the action, then you can have that duplicated by someone like myself. 

All that is left is the time involved in fitting and finishing.

J Mark I have Dads old AYA Matador. I would be willing to let you compare them, may give an alternate source for stocks. And, no, sorry you cant have/ buy it  but you could use it a little if you do have to make one. Tommy has my phone number if you want to call me.

Imis

A quick perusal of the ol' interweb suggested to me that Loyola was a manufacturer (Lucio Loyola), and was imported as you say by Jana. Now this doesn't get you any closer to a forearm, but at least a little knowledge thrown your way. One thread suggested that they made guns that ran the gamut from low priced, utility grade guns up to Pigeon Grade. Another said that Lucio Loyola bought barrels from aYa, then fitted them to their receivers. You might consider checking with Numrich as they buy many parts lots that they never catalogue. Perhaps see if you could send your forearm iron and see if they could match it up to something. At any rate, good luck in your quest. It's always fun to go on a scavenger hunt!

23 hours ago, J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE said:

It is an extractor only gun with the lug between the barrels that has a sideways moving bolt locking it up. (Can't think of the name at the moment)

That would be a copy of a Greener design for the lockwork.

Col. You might try Macon Gunstocks, see if they can help.

https://www.macongunstocks.com/

Thank you all. 

Greener-yes that is it.

I know it isn't worth much investment or effort, but I'd like to fix it up anyway.  Not in a rush, have lots of other projects, who knows a buttstock might turn up.  Forend I have the iron, so I can make it without excessive effort.

Archived