SASS Wire Forum

Howdy Y'all

Devlin McBride

Just dropping by to say hello.  Brand new SASS member with one match under my belt.  

I'm Texas born and raised.  Enjoy hunting, fishing, reloading, and woodworking in my spare time.  I currently work as a System Administrator in a global enterprise. 

Devlin

Welcome to the fire and the best game there is.

9 minutes ago, Devlin McBride said:

Just dropping by to say hello.  Brand new SASS member with one match under my belt.  

I'm Texas born and raised.  Enjoy hunting, fishing, reloading, and woodworking in my spare time.  I currently work as a System Administrator in a global enterprise. 

Devlin

Where in Texas Devlin ? We can point you to some nearby clubs.

I currently live in Brenham, Tx.  Home of Blue Bell Ice Cream Co in beautiful Washington County, "The Birthplace of Texas"

There are a few clubs within about an hour's drive that I know about. 

Darby Rough Regulators - Shot my first match here

Texas Historical Shootist Society - This one is probably the closest and I'll probably end up choosing this club for membership.

Willow Hole Cowboys - ???

Thunder River Renegades - ???

Devlin

Welcome to the best sport in the World! Enjoy the ride! Meet as many of these wonderful people as you can!

Welcome Devlin, Have a blast.

image.png.84484a5319d60a67adec2aa4b7276b1f.png

Howdy Neighbor!  

You're pretty much in our next of the woods.

TRR shoots just north of Magnolia, about 9/10 of a mile above the Texas Renaissance Festival (Todd Misson on the maps)  

Here is our website:  https://thunderriverrenegades.com/

we shoot the 4th and 1st Saturdays of the month.  practice is 2nd Sat and on 3rd Saturday we shoot at WHC just west of North Zulch, TX (94 miles from my home but well worth the trip)

Unless you already have your guns and leather come out and see what's going on.  We'll let you try our guns--we've even got loaner leather and guns so you can try your hand at the sport.

send me a PM with your email and I'll put you on our email lists

keep asking questions and share your thoughts--we're here to help

5a6f7612de843_CheyenneRanger-PosseMember.JPG.a172a713ac9eb5d112ebc9f4553f71b4.JPG.8857c0d31e3ecfa5268fa6f8021955e0.JPG

3 hours ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

Welcome Devlin.  Nice Irish alias you have there.

I purchased a matched pair of Ruger "old" Vaqueros in .45 Colt that came to me via an estate sale.  The name Devlin was engraved on the back strap of both. 

David Nichols McBride was a rancher and trader in the Texas Panhandle on the Canadian River about 50 miles north of Amarillo.  He was a contemporary of Charles Goodnight and is rumored to have fought with him in Plains Indian engagements.  When I lived in that area I hunted the Canadian River and what is now McBride Canyon.  

Devlin

Welcome to the game, Devlin from a fellow Texican.

On 1/13/2019 at 7:56 PM, Devlin McBride said:

...I'm Texas born and raised....

Yeah, I could tell, because you spelled "y'all" correctly :)

Don't know if they are any kin to the David McBride you mentioned, but the biggest, oldest gunshop in Austin is called McBrides.

On 1/13/2019 at 8:56 PM, Devlin McBride said:

Devlin

Howdy!  Pull up a rock to the campfire and help yourself to the coffee.

I miss welcoming new members. :(

There's a genuine comradery that is reflected in the numerous responses given by those taking the time to post a simple welcome. ;)

So glad to see many of the deputies who earned their badges through that process. 

The best ambassadors of the game are those that promote it by doing just that. 

5a9422db5fd2f_FKCGG-Sheriff.JPG.d2addc6a4dc4b223b88c135a7469301e.JPG

Howdy, Devlin,

The Texas Historical Shootist Society's next shoot is this coming Sunday.  Go to www.thss.org.

It's fixing to get real cold for Texas (in the 30's), so I'm not sure I'm going to make it, but there will be lots of good folks that'll make you feel right warm.

Look for Texas Billy, Crazy Ed, and Doc Boedecker. They'll steer you straight.

It's free to watch, and your first shoot is free, too. Tell'em I said so.

Hope to meet you in Gunsmoke some warmer day.

Brazos John

Archived