SASS Wire Forum

2019 Florida State Championship

Cassalong Hopidy

The Red Hills Rangers and Talon Range are proud to sponsor the 2019 SASS Florida State Cowboy Action Shooting Championship, Red Hills Ruckus,  April 11-14, 2019.  This is a 10-stage main match with the entry fee also covering a 4-stage Wild Bunch mini-match, Warm Up stages all day Thursday and all the Speed Side Matches (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Pocket Pistol, Derringer and Long Range), as well as the Awards Banquet dinner and libations.  Awards will go 5 deep in all categories.  A Dillon 650 XL will again be raffled (as I recall Badlands Bob was the lucky winner last year) and a slicked up Uberti 73' rifle will be raffled too, the proceeds of the latter going to the Florida Young Shooters Fund.  We have some great door prizes and other giveaways for participating shooters. as well.

A RO2 class led by J. M. Brown and Deadly Sharpshooter will be held beginning at 9:00 a.m. on Thursday, April 11th.  Let one of them or me know if you wish to attend.  Payment will be due at the time of the class.  Lassiter will again be putting on a must-see clinic and there will be some other afternoon diversions Friday and Saturday.  Lunch will be available on site Friday and Saturday.

There are a few dry camping spots left, but register soon if you want one.

There is a limit of 200 shooters and we are already more than half full with less than 60 days left before the registration cutoff, so don't delay if you want to be part of the fun.  This match will fill up.  Lodging and other details are available at the Red Hills Rangers website, https://redhillsrangers.com/, or call me at 850.459.5472.  Hope to see you there!

Cassalong Hopidy, Match Director

Hope to see you at the 2019 Ruckus.

Guest Hollywood Dave

Great job, glad to be a part of it setting up and tearing down. I will be camping all week and put me down for RO2. 

If you missed it last year, you missed a good one! Great stages, everything ran on time, excellent awards banquet. Cass is a precision guy in everything he's involved with, & it shows in his match. His team is the best! Ophelia Payne & the rest of our shooting crew plan to not miss this one each year as long as it happens! Looking forward to it!

1 hour ago, Purly SASS # 57438 said:

I sent our registrations in last week. We will be there to help keep Max in line. B)

Thanks, Purly.  You've taken a huge responsibility off my shoulders.

I'll be getting my app in the mail soon,,

I may be shooting a little slow, as my main focus will be making notes while Purly & Cass are shooting!

On 1/14/2019 at 3:58 PM, Santa Fe River Stan,36999L said:

Sent my app in today!

Stan

I'm sorry they're full, you're too late! :P  Looking forward to seeing ya!

mine is going out tomorrow,,,

17 hours ago, Fireball #7709 Life said:

I'm sorry they're full, you're too late! :P  Looking forward to seeing ya!

Dang...I'm too late!!!! I'll just show up and see if they any dropouts! :lol:

Looking forward to seeing you to Pard!

Stan

PS. The part about being full was a JOKE between Fireball and me. The match is not FULL.....YET!

Well, we aren't full yet, but we are at 115 shooters and the remaining spots will close fast if the current pace is any indication.  Ya'll come!

Beware of scantily clad women selling raffle tickets at the Florida State match. 

I won the Dillon XL650 off of one $10 raffle ticket last year.   This really surprised me because usually Shamrock Sadie wins this kind of stuff.   I already had a 650 for loading 38 spl.  No problem.  My new plan was to have one press set up for large pistol primer and the other for small pistol primer.  Krazy Kajun and I were on The Big Adventure with the wives and campers so I had to find a dry place to haul this giant XL650 box for the next 3 weeks.  This was no easy task since I already had a truck full of gun cart and guns.  Oh, I had plenty of offers from unsavory friends to take it back to Georgia for me.  I was born at night, but not last night.  After I got home, I ordered all the dies, tool heads, conversion kits and case feeder to load ALL my calibers. Then, of course, I had to build a new reloading bench to hold both of my 650's.  The wife calculated that I spent over $1,000 on this free press.  

The new one is on the right.

IMG_1531.JPG

8 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Beware of scantily clad women selling raffle tickets at the Florida State match. 

I won the Dillon XL650 off of one $10 raffle ticket last year.   This really surprised me because usually Shamrock Sadie wins this kind of stuff.   I already had a 650 for loading 38 spl.  No problem.  My new plan was to have one press set up for large pistol primer and the other for small pistol primer.  Krazy Kajun and I were on The Big Adventure with the wives and campers so I had to find a dry place to haul this giant XL650 box for the next 3 weeks.  This was no easy task since I already had a truck full of gun cart and guns.  Oh, I had plenty of offers from unsavory friends to take it back to Georgia for me. 

Yadda Yadda Yadda more stuff.....

I had an F250 with PLENTY of room left in it to carry his new found riches and offered to not only carry it for the 3 weeks of the Big Adventure but also take it back to MY house and set it all up and keep it there so he could have conjugal visits with it at my house from time-to- time.  But did he listen....NNNNNOOOOOOOOO....he had to be a baby and crowd up his truck with that new press and poor Brisket and Major had to sit in that cramped truck for 3 weeks. The boy is just ornery.  :lol:

Kajun

36 minutes ago, Krazy Kajun said:

I had an F250 with PLENTY of room left in it to carry his new found riches and offered to not only carry it for the 3 weeks of the Big Adventure but also take it back to MY house and set it all up and keep it there so he could have conjugal visits with it at my house from time-to- time.  But did he listen....NNNNNOOOOOOOOO....he had to be a baby and crowd up his truck with that new press and poor Brisket and Major had to sit in that cramped truck for 3 weeks. The boy is just ornery.  :lol:

Kajun

When I mentioned unsavory friends, I had you in mind.

I won a Dillon 650 two years in a row at GOA, to go with the one at home,,,  send one to a new home,, so SS isn't the only lucky one,,  oh,,, the app is in the mail.

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Pecos River Bob said:

is it full now?

Not yet, Bob but we are pushing 150 and filling pretty fast.  Getting calls every day about openings so I do think it will fill up but I am sure those who submit applications over the next couple of weeks will get in.  Hope you are on my mailing list for this shoot.  If not shoot me a PM.

Just a reminder of the RO-2 Class being held on Thursday at 9:00am.  Deadly Sharpshooter and I look forward to seeing you there.

JM

We are now pushing 160, so the available spots are filling quickly.  I have sent out emails to last year's attendees regarding side matches, long range, costume contest categories, Wild Bunch stages, the Prediction Match, Lassiter's seminar--The Gunfighter--and more.  PM me if you want a copy and didn't get one.  Sign up soon if you want to be part of it.  Nice time of the year weatherwise and great competition at every level.  And don't forget RO2 class by J.M. Brown and Deadly Sharpshooter, Thursday, April 11th, beginning at 9 a.m.

• 2 weeks later...

There are only 28 spots left, so please get your application in soon if you want to be part of the 2019 Red Hills Ruckus.  T-shirt, shooter badge and awards orders will be going in as soon as we hit 200 registered shooters.  My last email update to those who competed last year inadvertently omitted a couple of costume categories, specifically Steampunk Gent, Steampunk Lady and Native American Lady.  My apologies.

It's gonna be a barn burner of a shootin' match, with lots of socializing on the side.  Hope we see you at the Ruckus in April!

• 1 month later...

Florida State is in the books and it was a good one! Cass and his crew put on a great match. Well organized, great stages and a great banquet. Congratulations to the FL state champions Santa Fe River Stan and Hawkeye Gin!

Congrats to Kid Flash, best dressed young man!

9189F7D4-4B62-40FB-8A11-176A4E0A0F23.jpeg

4 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Florida State is in the books and it was a good one! Cass and his crew put on a great match. Well organized, great stages and a great banquet. Congratulations to the FL state champions Santa Fe River Stan and Hawkeye Gin!

Congrats to Kid Flash, best dressed young man!

9189F7D4-4B62-40FB-8A11-176A4E0A0F23.jpeg

WTG Proud PAPA.

You got good reason to be.

Waimea

Archived