SASS Wire Forum

Marshal Chance Morgun

Have you seen the commercial for Tacovas boots? The one where the young man says that he saw a snake and ran away, then says he's ok with that. Well today, with temps between 28-31 degrees, 2 inches of new snow and snow falling all day long, the Illowa Irregulars with be having their Iron Man shoot. I will not be there, And I'm ok with that.:P 

Sorry for the misleading title. Made sense to me at the time. I see now I should have picked something else

1 hour ago, WymoreWrangler SASS 46187 said:

I was wondering if you were going to talk about the quality of those boots....

That was my hope too     GW

1 hour ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

Their ads are everywhere

Would much rather hear from someone who wears them,  than a ad.    They look and sound great    GW

I have 2 pairs. Like them a lot. Excellent quality. They run a bit large in my opinion, I usually wear a 12 and bought the first pair that size. Fit fine with a heavy sock or an added thin insole.  2nd.pair in 11 1/2, Just right with a thin boot sock. Depending on your foot width the normal size might be fine.

25 minutes ago, G W Wade said:

Would much rather hear from someone who wears them,  than a ad.    They look and sound great    GW

I agree G W. They look great. I would love to hear more as well. My comment was because nearly everywhere I look on my computer or TV there is an ad

My bride bought me a pair for Christmas.  I LOVE 'EM.  I tried them on with half socks but they were just out of the box and the soles were stiff so they rode up the heel  a bit, but I loved the looks.  Next morning I tried a pair of mid weight wool socks and have been in heaven every since.  They fit feel & look like no other boots that I have owned.  While in has never been my policy to recommend anything to anybody unless I was 200% sure.  These boots are good.  I chose the same size as my Black banquet boots and I am happy.  They send a return label in the box offering exchange or refund I think.  BTW I am wearing them right now.  Bourbon Lizard.  

Good luck, as always YMMV, but I am happy with mine.  C.W.  :FlagAm:

I was gifted a pair back about May, lizard skin "Nash" ropers.  Absolutely love em!  Bought a second pair this past fall in calf skin "Earl"..........very high quality workmanship and  worth every dollar!  "Dukes" are next.  Guaranteed, you will not be disappointed.  I use them as dress boots, for riding I use the Honchos from El Paso, TX. 

I have been interested in hearing about them I usually wear Lucchese's for dress boots but they are getting really pricey . Just bought my wife a pair of Lucchese's for Christmas and they are great boots , Thinking about a pair of Tacovas for myself just want to hear more about them good or bad .

Woodfox

Bought a pair a year ago.  They are waterproof suede.  Fit perfect, comfortable and having walked through 9 inches of snow and slush with 'em, they are waterproof.  Recommend them without hesitation.

Purchased a pair of Nolan’s (lizard) last year , working on a pair of Wyatt’s this year.  Nice Product.

Archived