SASS Wire Forum

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Introduced

Lawdog Dago Dom

Thank you and best of luck, Senator!!

Much as I wish it would, I'm afraid it would never get past the House even if passed by the Senate.  Nevertheless, one should write their senator/congress person indicating support of the bill.

My knee jerk reaction to this is to not want national receprocity for concealed carry.  Although at face value it sounds like a good deal but I'm not sure we want the federal government meddling in what is currently more or less a States rights issue and basically giving the feds the position to screw everything up even worse than it is now.

Even if there was national concealed carry reciprosity I highly doubt I would be able to conceal carry in New Jersey or New York City or anywhere in Massachusetts and probably California and not be hassled to the nth degree and probably still be subjected to arrest. Some States I don't trust with gun rights but I'm not sure we should trust the federal government on this one either.

For example, if the federal government were to allow national reciprocity they would eventually dictate to us what we can and cannot carry, ammunition we can or cannot carry, mag capacities, handgun drop testing standards (Kalifornia, et al) and probably a tax or a fee. Who knows, we might even be subject to more rigorous background tests or at least more expensive or more frequent background checks/renewals and who knows what other kind of other absolute BS the anti gun liberals would eventually do to subvert this 2A freedom for their own control.

On 1/17/2019 at 3:00 PM, Dantankerous said:

My knee jerk reaction to this is to not want national receprocity for concealed carry.  Although at face value it sounds like a good deal but I'm not sure we want the federal government meddling in what is currently more or less a States rights issue and basically giving the feds the position to screw everything up even worse than it is now.

Even if there was national concealed carry reciprosity I highly doubt I would be able to conceal carry in New Jersey or New York City or anywhere in Massachusetts and probably California and not be hassled to the nth degree and probably still be subjected to arrest. Some States I don't trust with gun rights but I'm not sure we should trust the federal government on this one either.

For example, if the federal government were to allow national reciprocity they would eventually dictate to us what we can and cannot carry, ammunition we can or cannot carry, mag capacities, handgun drop testing standards (Kalifornia, et al) and probably a tax or a fee. Who knows, we might even be subject to more rigorous background tests or at least more expensive or more frequent background checks/renewals and who knows what other kind of other absolute BS the anti gun liberals would eventually do to subvert this 2A freedom for their own control.

I also am of this mind set.  Think about and name one thing that is better because the federal government took over regulation.

Archived