SASS Wire Forum

Would you like to come to Australia

Howdy

Been lucky in the past to have done a few trips to the USA..the hospitality is second to none & always have a great time. My wife  & would like to extend an invitation to those [ 2 ] that might be interested in coming down under for a look see & participate in the Gold Coast Heartland Territorial  held in the last week of July on the sunny Gold Coast in the state of Queensland. We will pick you up & take you back to the airport, we have a big house [ attached photo ] with your own bedroom & bathroom & supply you with guns [ .38, .44, 44-40, 45, smokeless or BP  ] just bring your own leather.   It could be this year or further down the track, your choice.

I won't go into detail now but that's basically  the nitty gritty  of our offer. The shoot IMHO is the best in Australia..has  plenty to offer with 12 stages & numerous side events  &  up close targets.You get here & we will take care of the rest at no charge.Also have ROA's available, all guns are 'slicked up & shoot well .

022.JPG

VERY, VERY TEMPTING!!!

Airfares can vary but usually not buy much, typically a return price from Brisbane [ capital of Queensland ] to LA is  around  $ 1200 AU..but I have seen $ 990. [ So I would imagine from your end there would not be much difference ].if someone was to take up our offer then approx 2 weeks would be ample to do some sightseeing as well as the shoot, we live 80 mile from the range. July is our winter but never freezing cold so you can look forward to pleasant weather [ most times !!!! ]

If any one has any questions please feel free to ask. The shoot is normally   120- 140 shooters, the Gold Coast  is a very popular location with plenty of attractions.

2 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

VERY, VERY TEMPTING!!!

Hey Yul..Do you think you can talk the Mrs into it ..& no ya' can't fly the plane:D

Huge temp difference from Gold Coast to Dalby mate?:o

I've thought of going back down under for years.  My sister and BIL have a place in the Barossa valley.  I spent some time in Brisbane and Sydney working with customers but unfortunately, that has dried up.  I don't know how I could ever reciprocate on this kind of offer.  Very tempting though.

9 hours ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

Hey Yul..Do you think you can talk the Mrs into it ..& no ya' can't fly the plane:D

Not this year but I’ll work on her for 2020. Great idea, by the way and thanks for the invite.

A very honorable offer. Someone will take ya up on it.

4 minutes ago, Major Crimes said:
If you right click on this link you then click on "open link in new tab"

Thank you!

Do I read the temps in Celsius or degrees?

OLG

1 hour ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Thank you!

Do I read the temps in Celsius or degrees?

OLG

Celsius

and the rain is in millimeters

and the hours of daylight are in Daylight Saving metric hours, that's about 1.2 DSMH to the ECSDT:P

6 minutes ago, Major Crimes said:

Celsius

and the rain is in millimeters

and the hours of daylight are in Daylight Saving metric hours, that's about 1.2 DSMH to the ECSDT:P

At least we put the steering wheel on the correct side.....:lol::P

BTW-You omitted Solar hrs. ;)

OLG

That is about as generous an offer as I think I've seen. If the opportunity arises, I would love to take the trip.

8 hours ago, DocWard said:

That is about as generous an offer as I think I've seen. If the opportunity arises, I would love to take the trip.

Doc..You would be more than welcome & would be great to catch up.

21 hours ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

That is almost too good to pass up. I almost got to go to Adelaide 30 years ago.  Thinking hard now...

Imis

Imis..Come on mate you know you want to & then we'll come pester 'ya at the '020 TN State:D

PM   I definatley want to, and Jersey Bratt( Ms Twohofon) would love it but I caretake my pa, Blue Boy and cant plan anything longer than a day trip at this point. But,  you can still come to the 20' TN State. We may be able to put you up here by then.  There's time...

Imis

Archived