SASS Wire Forum

2019 Georgia State SASS Championship - SOLD OUT

Krazy Kajun

Announcing the 2019 Georgia State SASS Championship – Stampede At South River. 

Fast Eddie and the folks at the South River Gun Club in Conyers GA cordially invite everyone to come on to Georgia and shoot with us at the 2019 Georgia State SASS Championship. You can find match information on the state match website located here.

The match will be held Thurs May 16 – Sat May 18. The Georgia State Black Powder Championship will be held on Thurs May 16th in conjunction with the SASS match. Side matches and the state black powder championship are on Thurs. The first 6 stages of the main match will be shot on Friday and the remaining 4 stages and banquet with awards will be held on Saturday. 

The banquet will be held at the world famous Georgia International Horse Park facility, equestrian venue for the 1996 Centennial Olympic Games.  You can find more information about this beautiful facility here. The banquet is being catered by the renown Atlanta catering company, Proof of the Pudding, their website is here.  The banquet is being organized by Annabel Lee.

There are 54 camping spaces with electric and water hookups on the range and are several hotels located about 12 miles from the range in Conyers at exit 82 off I-20.

The match director is Fast Eddie and the stages are being written by Blackhawk Henry and Fast Eddie.  There is a limit of 180 shooters for this match.

This year’s raffle will be for the “Holy Grail” of SKB SxS shotguns. A new-in-the-box, unfired, coin finish 12g SKB Model 200E. The gun features 100% coverage deep relief etched engraving, beavertail forearm, factory recoil pad, and the wood is gorgeous. Still in the cosmoline when received. Also included is a gift certificate for a Fast Eddie action job, should you want to “Cowboy It Up”. Raffle tickets are $20 each or 3 for $50 and 7 for $100. Only 250 tickets will be sold. 

Ya’ll check out all of the information and if you have questions about anything please let us know.  For match questions contact Fast Eddie and for registration questions please contact Krazy Kajun.  Our contact information can be found at the bottom of the match application.

Hope to see ya'll in Georgia,

Krazy Kajun

IMO, this is, without a doubt, one of the absolute best matches you can go to, period.

If you’ve never been to this match, you owe it to yourself to go. 

Dutch

Dutch Coroner said it well. This is one of the best state matches you could hope to attend! Awards & Banquet are always a 10+. And, Eddie runs a tight ship, with everything on-time & 1st class. Stages are wonderful! And, as a bonus, there's plenty of camping spots with electrical & water.

Good luck on being one of the 180 before it fills up!!!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Dutch Coroner said:

IMO, this is, without a doubt, one of the absolute best matches you can go to, period.

Dutch

So, Are you going this year?

Printed application and looking forward to attending another great match. 

NOTE:
If you call the Hawthorn Suites, they have no knowledge of the discount code listed on the website "South River Gun Club".  Fast Eddie said that they are still in negotiations.

On 1/10/2019 at 1:53 PM, Dutch Coroner said:

Dutch

Can I take that to the bank and tell them Dutch Coroner sent me?

40 minutes ago, Matthew Duncan said:

Thursday, Friday & Saturday?  

Side matches and BP match is on Thurs, 6 main match stages on Fri and remaining 4 main match stages on Sat.  Banquet and awards on Sat night.

Kajun

15 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Side matches and BP match is on Thurs, 6 main match stages on Fri and remaining 4 main match stages on Sat.  Banquet and awards on Sat night.

Kajun

Wonderful!  That means I could dropped the wife off at the grandkids, pick up the son and head your way.  Son works Sunday's. 

One of the best matches we did last year, sorry but we can't make it this year.:(

On January 12, 2019 at 3:14 PM, WymoreWrangler SASS 46187 said:

If your coming, want to posse up Matthew!!!!

Now that I know it's a possibility I have to see if the son's schedule permits.  Be glad to posse with you.

On 1/12/2019 at 3:14 PM, WymoreWrangler SASS 46187 said:

If your coming, want to posse up Matthew!!!!

Deal!  Just got off the phone with the Son, he says he is coming too!  Posse request; Mordecai McCool & Wymore Wrangler.

Son is the Associate Pastor at Stockbridge First United Methodist, Georgia.  He's got a church commitment Saturday at 10 AM so he will miss the morning stages. 

41 minutes ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

He may be able to shoot through on Friday... Just an idea.

That may be a bit difficult, since we are planning on being possed together and sharing the gun cart.  He will be interested if it would be practical.

Matthew, I've got 3 good gun carts.  It won't be any trouble to throw an extra one in the truck.  If you need a gun cart, just let me know.  I'll be camping on the range from Wen to Sunday at the Ga. match.

Jackaroo, looks like everyone will be moving up a slot, then!

36 minutes ago, Max Payne said:

Jackaroo, looks like everyone will be moving up a slot, then!

Yea, what an easy give, y'all had better make sure you move up at least ONE?

Sure gonna miss y'all.:(

Thank y'all for offering a Friday shoot through.  I forwarded the offers to the Son and asked him to contact y'all direct.

• 2 weeks later...

We have 59 shooters registered as of yesterday’s mail and we are still 3 1/2 months away from the match date. We’ve sold out several years in a row and it looks like we will this year too only earlier. 

If if you want to shoot this match please get your apps in now so you won’t miss all the fun. 

Kajun

Archived