SASS Wire Forum

EOT Stages

Juiceharp Jen

There are videos of EOT stages on YouTube.  You can get an idea of what the stages are like by watching them.

Stage 1 2018

Randy St. Eagle 2018

Stages can be creative but they must be shot quickly with quick resets to keep posses flowing from stage to stage - just like any other major match.

7 hours ago, Juiceharp Jen said:

Are the EOT stages from each year published anywhere?  I imagine they get pretty creative.  Or maybe not.

I don't remember seeing them anywhere but they are always fun.

Randy

You will have a blast!   One swinger, but it is large and easy to hit.   One of my favorite shoots.  See you there.

had all of them going back to 93, but they disappeared when we moved out of the mountains into town a few months ago. sure would like to find them. The early EOT only use one handgun, and it was not uncommon to only shoot two guns on a stage. By the time I arrived in 93, they were not Swinging from a rope any more, but we use to ride a horse down some rails. The horse was pushed by your posse members... you would shoot all the way down the track. They were doing a good job of playing the game back then.

Snakebite

3 hours ago, Snakebite said:

had all of them going back to 93, but they disappeared when we moved out of the mountains into town a few months ago. sure would like to find them. The early EOT only use one handgun, and it was not uncommon to only shoot two guns on a stage. By the time I arrived in 93, they were not Swinging from a rope any more, but we use to ride a horse down some rails. The horse was pushed by your posse members... you would shoot all the way down the track. They were doing a good job of playing the game back then.

Snakebite

And they are doing a good job of playing the game now. As I know you are aware there are still a lot of folks that put a lot of their personal time and effort into putting on matches in the game. EOT is absolutely no exception. It may not be exactly what you want or like. Putting on matches in TODAYS game is more challenging than it's ever been. Demands are higher as are expectations. 

55 minutes ago, Deuce Stevens SASS#55996 said:

And they are doing a good job of playing the game now. As I know you are aware there are still a lot of folks that put a lot of their personal time and effort into putting on matches in the game. EOT is absolutely no exception. It may not be exactly what you want or like. Putting on matches in TODAYS game is more challenging than it's ever been. Demands are higher as are expectations. 

No doubt... I am very aware of the huge amount of work that is required to put on such a large match. I've done it before and it is indeed a very large task. My thanks to you and the others that do it.  As Skinny said in his editorial in this issue of the Chronicle: "..stages became faster and less complicated, and why targets became easier---to accommodate lager and larger groups of shooters. Indeed, I agree that is what happened. Not only more shooters, but the big matches used to be 10 stages, now they are 12. All of that really increased the need to get every posse through each stage in 45 min.  My last EOT was 3 yrs ago. It had action, the targets were good and there was some game playing.  I thought that it was a very good match. I totally understand Demands and Expectations.... putting on our Annual match and being labeled as a Old Game Match, puts a great deal of pressure on me. Any GOOD match must be balanced. It's like eating soup... not too Hot, not too Cold, but just right. I think that you guys are indeed doing a good job.  

Archived