SASS Wire Forum

Alabama State Championship - Shootout at Cavern Cove

Buck D. Law, SASS #62183

The North Alabama Regulators would like to invite you to start off your 2019 by adding the Alabama State Championship, Shootout at Cavern Cove, to your shooting schedule. Side matches will kick off Thursday, April 25th with the main match shot on Friday and Saturday. Follow this link for applications, camping, and other details.

As many of you know, the North Alabama Regulators has hosted the Alabama State Championship for many years. When it was announced that we would be hosting the Southeastern Regional in 2019, the first question was "What about the state match?" Well, here it is! Since the regional will be adopting the name Ambush at Cavern Cove, the state championship will now be known as Shootout at Cavern Cove. We've kept Cavern Cove in the name because, well, we want people to know they're still coming to Cavern Cove! We've enjoyed having you as our guests and hope you will return. If you've never been, come on down (or up or over) and let us show you why it's called Southern Hospitality. Y'all come now, ya hear!

If you're the travelin' kind and would like to keep the roads hot going from one state match to another. . . and you really like it when it's convenient, check this out. How about a little Shootin' through the South?

Florida State Championship - Red Hills Ruckus - April 11-13

Alabama State Championship - Shootout at Cavern Cove - April 25-27

Kentucky State Championship - Shootout in the Hills - May 2-4

Georgia State Championship - Stampede at South River - May 16-18

Can I get a yee-haw?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Max & Ophelia Payne will be there, as always!

Well looks like they'll be two trips to Cavern Cove this year....time to get the application in.

Kajun

1 hour ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

And there goes the neighborhood.

Yeah Evil Bob, but if we set up your camper on the front side of the long range bay back berm....the neighborhood for the rest of us would be just peachy! ;)

Kajun

Uh-oh! If purly's going, everybody in Elder Statesmen will have to settle for 2nd place or worse!!!

Have it on my calendar and hope to be there again this year. 

6 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Yeah Evil Bob, but if we set up your camper on the front side of the long range bay back berm....the neighborhood for the rest of us would be just peachy! ;)

Kajun

Nah just set it up by CC's Cat House gar-ron-tee he want get any sleep or rest... even got a clothes line ta air out his dirty laundry .:P:D

On 1/8/2019 at 9:27 PM, Buck D. Law, SASS #62183 said:

The North Alabama Regulators would like to invite you to start off your 2019 by adding the Alabama State Championship, Shootout at Cavern Cove, to your shooting schedule. Side matches will kick off Thursday, April 25th with the main match shot on Friday and Saturday. Follow this link for applications, camping, and other details.

Buck the link does not work.

16 hours ago, lickskillet charlie said:

Nah just set it up by CC's Cat House gar-ron-tee he want get any sleep or rest... even got a clothes line ta air out his dirty laundry .:P:D

Well if it ain't Skittles.  I was worried about you.  I'm glad to see you slipped the bonds of justice once again.  

47 minutes ago, Buck D. Law, SASS #62183 said:

I've edited the link and taken the riff-raff filter off. :) It should work for you know. Hope you can make it, Fireball!

LOL!  So, I'm riff-raff?!:P:lol:  Have to see if I can make it work, sounds like fun!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2019 at 10:52 AM, Fireball #7709 Life said:

LOL!  So, I'm riff-raff?!:P:lol:  Have to see if I can make it work, sounds like fun!

Your reputation needs to be upgraded some.:P

This here's a great shoot.

Better now that they moved it out of hurricane season.:lol:

3 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

How about a 22 rimfire Cowboy match?

You need to shoot it Gunfighter just to let us mere mortals get within 10 seconds a stage in ya. :lol:

Kajun

On 1/27/2019 at 4:47 PM, Rolan Kraps, SASS # 24084 Life said:

I didn't see a "Wild Bunch" sidematch.  Will there be a Wild Bunch sidematch?

TKD is verifying with the person who typically oversees it before saying absolutely yes. 

Hey guys I have folks lined up to run the extra side matches. So...

We will offer a .22 match.

We will offer a wild bunch match..

We will offer a Pistol Caliber Carbine match (evil black and modern guns in 9mm,  45acp etc.).

The caveat will be that we have enough shooters to run the posse. 

I will up date the web page and the application. 

BTW camping is half full for the state shoot. 

Hope to see you guys there. 

On 1/28/2019 at 6:44 AM, Fireball #7709 Life said:

Does that mean I need to hang out with you more...or less?! :P

It ain't gonna get BETTER hanging with me.

:lol:

Archived