SASS Wire Forum

Hell On Wheels June 27-30, 2019

Assassin

Folks like the Texas Road House, Rib and Chop House, Outback Steakhouse, there's also a pizza place on Warren that has brick ovens. They put a good burn on a pizza. Belle doesn't take me out in public very often. Good Mexican cuisine would be the Tortilla Factory on South Greeley, we often stop there after matches.

16 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I just hope there's a DQ nearby.

I don't like giving out DQ's

There is a Dairy Queen on Pershing, I know it well.

33 minutes ago, Assassin said:

There is a Dairy Queen on Pershing, I know it well.

I will have to put this shoot as a priority on my bucket list, since there is a DQ. 

BS

Hi Assassin,

I sure wish I were going. I signed up once and broke my arm before the match. I had traveling buddies then. However, none of them shoot CAS anymore. Now, it is out of my solo traveling range.

Have fun y'all. I've read that my friend, Assassin, puts on a great match.

Regards,

Allie

44 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Hi Assassin,

I sure wish I were going. I signed up once and broke my arm before the match. I had traveling buddies then. However, none of them shoot CAS anymore. Now, it is out of my solo traveling range.

Have fun y'all. I've read that my friend, Assassin, puts on a great match.

Regards,

Allie

It's a long drive by yourself. We still have some openings for those that haven't signed up. Usually the last few days of May and beginning of June is a mad rush. The snow we just got should be gone soon. It's pretty sad when we have to wait for the snow to melt in order to mow the lawn. We started cutting grass at work a couple weeks back and yesterday they had to remove the mowers from the tractors and reinstall the plows. Springtime in the Rockies.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm starting to pull all my match ammo together and I noticed that the recommended amount of shotgun shells is 75+ based on the email I received. This caught me by surprise. 75 SG shells / 12 stages = 6.25 shotguns per stage. While I'm not complaining, I like shooting shotgun it is my favorite, it caught me by surprise.  Will there be that many shotgun targets? 

28 minutes ago, Clay Thornton said:

I'm starting to pull all my match ammo together and I noticed that the recommended amount of shotgun shells is 75+ based on the email I received. This caught me by surprise. 75 SG shells / 12 stages = 6.25 shotguns per stage. While I'm not complaining, I like shooting shotgun it is my favorite, it caught me by surprise.  Will there be that many shotgun targets? 

No, there won't be that many in main match shooting. However, if you participate in the warm up match and speed shotgun sidematches it's a legit number.

Archived