SASS Wire Forum

Hell On Wheels June 27-30, 2019

Assassin

The Border Vigilantes are getting ready for another Hell On Wheels. Pull up an application on our website  @  bordervigilantes.com.

JUNE 27-30, 2019 the weekend after EOT. The ad in the Chronicle has July as the date, it is JUNE not July, same weekend as last year.

Come on out to Cheyenne, Wyoming this summer and enjoy the wonderful weather. 

We have a huge range with plenty of RV parking. The range is 10 minutes from motels, restaurants, and other amenities.

12 main match stages, side matches, 1000 yard long range, 4 warm up stages, and plenty of movement. 

Our range elevation is 6400 feet, normal temps for June are upper 70's low 80's, humidity less than 20%. 

Any questions contact Assassin @ chrshrdyh@aol.com

27 minutes ago, Boulder Canyon Bob# 32052L said:

Looking forward to it again. Are you shooting Long Range side matches again?

Of course, along with all the others. I'll set up the Texas Star and you can shoot at it at 1000 yards.:D

Actually, I'm thinking about a Texas Star fastest pistol/rifle. Load five and get after it. Person that knocks off all five targets with quickest time wins the prize.

Haven't figured out what the prize is yet. We'll still have a separate speed pistol and rifle side match. 

I will be there. I would like to Help you out with the 1000 yard target. Email me.

The Texas star at 1000 yard could  be fun that would be a 4 foot target with hopes of hitting part of it. LOL

Assassin, what rifle can be used for the 1000 yard shot? I am interested in that and other long range targets. See you in Briggsdale this weekend.

Howdy Assassin,

I'm wondering if overseas shooters are able to email entry forms & pay on arrival

and also if anyone has a spare guncart that 3 Aussies could share?

This match should be on your bucket list...then after you attend, put it back in so you can do it again!  :D  It's that good.  Been there a least a dozen times and always have fun. Unfortunately, probably won't make it this year.   :(  Rats!

JC

11 hours ago, Henry Moon said:

Howdy Assassin,

I'm wondering if overseas shooters are able to email entry forms & pay on arrival

and also if anyone has a spare guncart that 3 Aussies could share?

We can work with you. Just send in your application. We have a few carts we lend out. 

4 minutes ago, Joe Cross, SASS #13848 L said:

This match should be on your bucket list...then after you attend, put it back in so you can do it again!  :D  It's that good.  Been there a least a dozen times and always have fun. Unfortunately, probably won't make it this year.   :(  Rats!

JC

What?

On 1/9/2019 at 12:05 AM, Russ The Red said:

Assassin, what rifle can be used for the 1000 yard shot? I am interested in that and other long range targets. See you in Briggsdale this weekend.

Single shot big bore rifle, must be 30-30 or larger.

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 8:43 AM, Assassin said:

We can work with you. Just send in your application. We have a few carts we lend out. 

Applications sent today, hopefully they get there before I do. :)

21 hours ago, Henry Moon said:

Applications sent today, hopefully they get there before I do. :)

Thanks, we'll keep an eye out for those applications. And, I'll put your name on the gun carts.

Assassin

• 2 weeks later...

The Iron Cowboy Challenge is July 5, 6, and 7,  2019. The weekend after Hell On Wheels. We'll leave 6 stages up from HOW. 1st day is Briggsdale Colorado, 8 stages. 2nd day Wildcat Ridge in Wellington Colorado, 6 stages.

3rd day the Border Vigilantes, Cheyenne Wyoming, 6 stages. Awards and lunch will follow. Camping is available at the Otto Road Shooting range in Cheyenne or in Briggsdale. 

Shooters can come out and shoot one day or shoot all three for the Iron Cowboy Challenge. 

20 stages of agonizing fun at three different ranges. These three clubs have more movement than any others I've shot. This is basically a no frills match with lots of main match shooting, no side matches, no banquet, no costume contest. Just flat out shooting until you're tired of shooting. This match is not for those that are used to those 3 day 10 stage matches, it's a whole bunch of shooting and will test your physical being and mental fortitude. 

Contact Assassin for an application  chrshrdyh@aol.com

• 2 weeks later...

"Assassin", You historically have always put on a first rate match - - for that reason, I am sending in my entry once again.

Good Lord willing and I'm still upright, I will be there. - - - "Cap"

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, TUSCON THE TERRIBLE SASS#47089 said:

Won't make it this year. You guys have fun!

Sounds like you have a fight on your hands with the government. Good Luck! 

• 2 weeks later...

We're starting to fill up. Yes, we are limited to 240 shooters again this year. Get those applications in as soon as possible. Once again we'll be giving some guns away. Last year we gave away 12 Henry 22 lever guns to one person on each posse. This year I have a different type of gun in mind. The grass is starting to turn green and it's going to be another beautiful summer on the high plains of Wyoming. Ask anyone that's been to Cheyenne in late June, it's the best weather in the country. Should be nice after leaving the heat at EOT. 

12 hours ago, Assassin said:

...The grass is starting to turn green and it's going to be another beautiful summer on the high plains of Wyoming. Ask anyone that's been to Cheyenne in late June, it's the best weather in the country...

Sounds like something Owen Wister would have said. :D And the statement would be 100% correct.

I shot Hell on Wheels last year and had a great time. The match was top notch and the people fantastic. If'n you ain't yet gone to Hell on Wheels, you should. Cheyenne is a wonderful little high plains town and the air is soooooo clean, clear and crisp. The folks running this match know how to put on a most excellent cowboy action shootin' good time.  I'll be back enthusiastically, just not this year... alas, work has me that weekend. :wacko:

• 1 month later...

The match is filling up folks. Get those applications in soon. We are limited to 240 shooters. Last year the match filled up the last week of May.

We are close to the same numbers as last year for this date and several people that waited didn't get to shoot. There were two people that complained about movement last year, I'm guessing the other 238 were happy with all of our movement. The weather has finally warmed up and the prairie is super green, the range is looking great. For those that have not shot here, it's the best summer weather on the planet. And, it is the Cowboy state.

Our Cowboy Ironman match is filling up too. Got a bunch of calls today regarding both shoots and about 10 more shooters for HOW.

Looking forward for some more shooting lessons from Phantom. 

On 5/13/2019 at 7:28 PM, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I'd be doing the Iron Man too if it weren't for this house crap!

:(

Seriously, you've been piddling around with that house for 3-4 years and it won't keep for one more weekend. Summers short around these parts you have to shoot when you can. I can build houses in crappy weather.

Oy

As we creep closer and closer to the match date here, was wondering if any local cowboys or cowgirls could provide some of us out-of-towners with some good local food places. I can Google touristy places but what are the BEST local joints in and around Cheyenne? Thanks!

12 hours ago, Clay Thornton said:

As we creep closer and closer to the match date here, was wondering if any local cowboys or cowgirls could provide some of us out-of-towners with some good local food places. I can Google touristy places but what are the BEST local joints in and around Cheyenne? Thanks!

Anong's | Thai Cuisine, the best.

Archived