Battle Born Rangers, Reno, Nevada Annual Matches

irish ike, SASS #43615

On 1/5/2019 at 4:24 PM, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

2019 BBR Match Flyer.pdf

image.png.4fb27cd9c0ef02a5918ffe0b82f54fb7.png

For more info go to; http://www.northernnevadacas.com/

Irish Ike

Hey Ike,

Our Long range actually goes out to 700 yards and were going all the way out this year!

Jasper

There is a lot of great things in the works for this shoot!!! Who has a big bore lever gun or big bore single shot in the safe collecting dust.  Bring it out and use it as your main match gun!!!  This is going to be one of the best shoots of the year.

On 1/13/2019 at 5:13 PM, Flanigan Flats said:

There is a lot of great things in the works for this shoot!!! Who has a big bore lever gun or big bore single shot in the safe collecting dust.  Bring it out and use it as your main match gun!!!

Tell me about this class.  It sounds quite interesting.  Would this big bore lever gun class include a Winchester 1895?

20 hours ago, Jailhouse Jim, SASS #13104 said:

Tell me about this class.  It sounds quite interesting.  Would this big bore lever gun class include a Winchester 1895?

Jim, 

Unfortunately the '95 isn't included at this time. From our soon to be published Tom Horn rules -

SASS recognized rifle caliber repeater or rifle caliber single shot is a requirement as described in the SASS Shooters Handbook under ‘long range (or precision) rifle’ Section of the SASS Shooter’s Handbook.

We'll be posting the new Tom Horn category rules on this thread when finalized

Maybe we could talk currant management into a BIG MEDICINE category for next year. I'll shoot it with you!!!

To give you a little more info. You use your rifle caliber rifle either single shot or repeater on all twelve stages instead of your pistol caliber rifle.  The round count in the past has been 4 to 6 for a single shot and 6 to 8 rounds for a lever gun. We've been doing this for as long as I can remember and its a hoot!!!!

Jasper

2 hours ago, Jasper Agate said:

Jim, 

Unfortunately the '95 isn't included at this time. From our soon to be published Tom Horn rules -

SASS recognized rifle caliber repeater or rifle caliber single shot is a requirement as described in the SASS Shooters Handbook under ‘long range (or precision) rifle’ Section of the SASS Shooter’s Handbook.

We'll be posting the new Tom Horn category rules on this thread when finalized

Maybe we could talk currant management into a BIG MEDICINE category for next year. I'll shoot it with you!!!

To give you a little more info. You use your rifle caliber rifle either single shot or repeater on all twelve stages instead of your pistol caliber rifle.  The round count in the past has been 4 to 6 for a single shot and 6 to 8 rounds for a lever gun. We've been doing this for as long as I can remember and its a hoot!!!!

Jasper

I figured the box magazine would be a deal breaker since SASS doesn't recognize it.  It's in 30-40 Krag (1892) and born in 1901 so wouldn't be considered BIG MEDICINE like the 405 though.  Maybe next year :D.  (I could drag out the '94 in 32SP in a pinch though)

Archived