SASS Wire Forum

Duplicate thread. Mods delete?

Cibola Al

How about leafing through here?

Another thing to do - pick up a copy of Lyman Cast Bullet Handbook #4.  Has a ton of loading data for almost all cast bullets.

Good luck, GJ

10 minutes ago, Cibola Al said:

If you have a favorite load, I know you can't post in thread, but if you feel inclined to shoot me a PM it would be appreciated.

Boolits are Outlaw 125gr cast. I have a variety of powders, but would prefer to use Bullseye, Unique, 231, or Trailboss ( in that order)

Thanks 

We now can post loads.  However, check any load offered against published data from known sources before using.  The four powders you posted are all used to load CAS ammo.  Alliant and Hodgdon both offer reloading data online.  BTW, since you a new to CAS in New Mexico, Bang and Clang Bullets in Silver City is a good source of bullets.  George, the owner often delivers to matches in state.  Getting bullets without shipping charges is a good way to cut reloading costs.

Thanks guys, I didn't know that loads could be posted now, I apologize for creating a duplicate thread. I do own the Lyman cast bullet manual. I just like to hear about pet loads. Again, sorry for cluttering up the Wire.

CA, you've done nothing to apologize about.  See you at a match.  I'm looking forward to shooting with you.  BTW, consider shooting the Four Corners Regional in April.  You will be ready (though don't expect to win your category).

9 minutes ago, Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971 said:

CA, you've done nothing to apologize about.  See you at a match.  I'm looking forward to shooting with you.  BTW, consider shooting the Four Corners Regional in April.  You will be ready (though don't expect to win your category).

I will try to make it. I have few illusions about winning any category :D I am so far behind Micah McQuire (and others) in The Renegades, I am just focusing on smoothing out my transitions and such. Sure is fun though, I haven't been this excited about shooting since I retired from the force. Thanks again for your insights and such. 

Archived