SASS Wire Forum

Governor and 625 use the same holster

Trigger Mike

I got a Jerry miculik 625 in 45acp for Christmas that my son got my wife to buy for me. I had a holster from el Paso saddelry for my governor for when on my tractor.  It is a tanker style. My new 625 fits perfect.  I'm excited about that.

I have a S&W 625-9 in .45 Colt.  Great shooting revolver.  Used it last month at my first IDPA match.  I did reasonably well. 

S&W Model 625-9 "Mountain Gun" in .45 Colt

A9FXOY.jpg

0CtL6e.jpg

I love it.  The double action trigger pull is not bad and I do jerk it a little to the left but single action is dead center without adjusting the sights.  The 13 year old son who helped my wife pick it out did well with it.  I used it for my Sunday go to meeting pistol today.  If I was to make a comparison it as nearly as smooth as a wilson combat 1911.  Due to weight there is little recoil. I really like it. The s and w 325 in 45acp is good but not as smooth 

S&W 625's are great revolvers. Have a pair, one 4in. and a 5in.    Mine wears a green fiber optic on the front.      GW        

Occasionally, on this or that board, the question will pop up about having ONLY ONE PISTOL - for whatever reason.

When it does I run my guns through my mind, and this one always comes on top.

625-2, Model of 1988, 45 ACP, right.jpg

Awesome pistol! An action job will make it even better but even without one, like most S&Ws,  it will improve the more you shoot it.

Archived