SASS Wire Forum

Unknown Pocket Pistol 32 RF

Cypress Sam, SASS #10915

A friend gave me a pocket pistol several years ago.  It had a frame, and the internal parts visible from the outside, except for the cylinder pin latch.  There were no other unbroken internal parts.  I took it on as a project, having been inspired by Warden Calloway and others who have successfully brought many old guns back to life.

Anyway I scratch made the springs, bolt, pawl, and cylinder pin latch with no idea what some of these parts looked like.  Today I finally got it working once again.  Now, I’ll test fire it if I can find some 32 short RF rounds.

95C18E7E-18CC-437C-99DC-043D6C624025.jpeg

43 minutes ago, J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE said:

It is a Colt New Line made from 1873 to the mid 1880's if I am not mistaken.

Even if I am mistaken, you have still done a fine job with it to get it back in order.

Knock-off; see pics in attachments, esp. top line of grip, and pin at front of lower member of frame window does not exist on Colt.

http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/colt-new-line-32-c12893/

http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/colt-new-line-32-caliber-c4092/

With no markings other than a serial number (hidden under the cylinder pin on the underside of the barrel),  I’m sure it’s not a Colt.  It seems well made though and is still tight and smooth.  It probably spent most of it’s life in a drawer somewhere.  Or maybe in a saloon girls garter?

After seeing the asking price for the Colts in Red Hooker’s link, made me wish it were a Colt!  It is in pretty good shape though and I couldn’t find any proof marks or lettering of any kind other than the four digit serial number to identify it.  If anyone has a clue where I could look, I’d appreciate it.

I always had a lot of respect for you Sam,, even more so now, really neat

I have one 44 rimfire,, at least that's what I think it is,,,  I cud get it wet and then dry it real fast,  would that work?

Rafe, I looked on the Dixie Gunworks website and couldn’t find the rimfire conversion kits.  I remember seeing them in the print catalog years ago.  Do you know what their “official” name is?  I tried “rimfire conversion kits” and got nothing. 

Disregard the Dixie Gunworks comment.  I found the cases on the hlebooks website.  Kind of pricey though.

Thanks for the help.

Archived