SASS Wire Forum

Name the sweep

JohnWesleyHardin

When I've seen that sort of thing it's come with the words 'in any order' attached to it.  Which means it's not a sweep per se.

A sweep being a specific order in which to engage the targets.  So if I wanted a 4 on 5 sweep, I'd write is as 'Using pistols and rifle, Sweep the 5 targets putting 4 rounds on each target starting at either end.'

As Grizzly Dave said above.

With pistols and rifle, engage five targets with four rounds each in any order.

And you may want to add - can't end with rifle.

12 hours ago, Grizzly Dave said:

When I've seen that sort of thing it's come with the words 'in any order' attached to it.  Which means it's not a sweep per se.

A sweep being a specific order in which to engage the targets.  So if I wanted a 4 on 5 sweep, I'd write is as 'Using pistols and rifle, Sweep the 5 targets putting 4 rounds on each target starting at either end.'

and/or may add No Quad tap. :huh::)

22 minutes ago, I. M. Crossdraw, SASS# 8321 said:

and/or may add No Quad tap. :huh::)

LOL, that would be just mean!  I love the any order part, so many ways to do it other than the most straight forward.

54 minutes ago, Nutmeg Ryder, SASS # 74966 said:

The "Watch this!" sweep

You forgot "Hold my beer and watch this."

BS

I shot this exact pattern last week and really enjoyed it. Target placement was like the number 5 on dice. Spotters didn't have trouble with it. We had the choice of either pistol or rifle first.  Give it a shot.

While fun for the shooter, sequences like this can be a PITA for spotters. Fast shooters, or gunfighters, can get ahead of spotters. I wouldn't use it for a major match but it would be fun for a monthly. 

When I have seen it, the targets are at an angle with the first being rifle distance away and target five being very close.  Most start with the furthest target with the rifle, 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3 and then finish with the pistol 3,3,4,4,4,4,5,5,5,5.  Its fun to shoot 

11 hours ago, Sergeant Duroc said:

It's not the Duroc Sweep, but it will do...

Sounds like they are tryin' to sneak a "gamer" sweep in on ya, Sarge!:D

7 minutes ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

Sounds like they are tryin' to sneak a "gamer" sweep in on ya, Sarge!:D

You certainly have to watch those two!  Now that you mention it, it does like they are conspiring...

Hope you have your Iowa State Championship applications ready!  Would love to see you in May.  

On 1/5/2019 at 10:45 PM, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

Cuatro en Cinco Sweep

Muy bien. Me gustolo.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived