SASS Wire Forum

Not Perfect

C0ckr0ach, SASS #26100

Often one finds the Not Perfect Rules from the olden days are more functional than the Not Perfect Rules of Today.

The little tan booklet that fit in ones pocket produced a game just as fun as the game today.

It is a simple game to be played for fun.   Like Fish, perhaps.

1 hour ago, C0ckr0ach, SASS #26100 said:

Often one finds the Not Perfect Rules from the olden days are more functional than the Not Perfect Rules of Today.

The little tan booklet that fit in ones pocket produced a game just as fun as the game today.

It is a simple game to be played for fun.   Like Fish, perhaps.

Help me understand what you are saying.

1. The game should return to the old rules and that the game as played today will function just fine?

2. The rules and the game should return to it's roots?

3. Just venting?

4. Other

Phantom

22 minutes ago, C0ckr0ach, SASS #26100 said:

Which edition?
I have 10 "pocket-sized" SHBs from 1992-2009

2 minutes ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

Which edition?
I have 10 "pocket-sized" SHBs from 1992-2009

I'm missing the 1992 from my collection.... can I have it?  I'll send you one of my 1989s... ^_^

1 minute ago, Griff said:

I'm missing the 1992 from my collection.... can I have it?  I'll send you one of my 1989s... ^_^

I could print you up a copy. ;)

I also have the 1993 addendum (sent as an insert in the Chronicle):

October 1993 insert-M.jpg

8 minutes ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

I could print you up a copy. ;)

I also have the 1993 addendum (sent as an insert in the Chronicle):

October 1993 insert-M.jpg

That'll work.  I'm keeping them mostly in electronic format now anyway.  I have two copies of the 1995 edition, if you don't have one.

I have seen many sports ruined by rules.  When you are more concerned with nit-picking rules than the Cowboy Way, you are perverting the spirit of the game.  Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, MizPete said:

I have seen many sports ruined by rules.  When you are more concerned with nit-picking rules than the Cowboy Way, you are perverting the spirit of the game.  Just my opinion.

What sports have you seen ruined by rules???

I thought CockRoach was saying he was Not Perfect...I was thinking I'd had a stroke...;)...I admire his treating it like a competition and not calling any penalties on himself. That's the way it should be. Run it to the ragged edge and take whatever penalties you can't wiggle out of and don't judge someone for being in it to win at whatever cost. No bullfeathers calls taken in stride...call it right and remember nothing's illegal until you get caught. 

The following shooting sports have been ruined by rules:

IDPA- 10 round limit and the allowance of the glock 34 and similar variants of less than concealable firearms and 105 PF

USPSA- 8 shot revolvers and Pistol Caliber Carbine

SASS- basketball travel rule, anything that makes gunfighter unequally constrained and "The Cowboy Way" being used as a bullying tool to force others to think as you do. 

High Power- "Space guns"

Ruined?

The NBA. By gangsters and thugs. 

Oh wait. Shooting sports? Before long someone will complain about today's Wild Bunch game. ;):D;)

12 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

What sports have you seen ruined by rules???

OOOOOH, I don't know.....

NFL and NASCAR  quickly come to mind!!  NBA ain't even a sport anymore 'cause it has deviated from the original rules and enforcement of same.  Even Major League Baseball, with the damned instant replay, has become more of a drag these days!!

That little manilla rule book looks good more often than not.

JMOHO!  

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

OOOOOH, I don't know.....

NFL and NASCAR  quickly come to mind!!  NBA ain't even a sport anymore 'cause it has deviated from the original rules and enforcement of same.  Even Major League Baseball, with the damned instant replay, has become more of a drag these days!!

That little manilla rule book looks good more often than not.

JMOHO!  

Thanks MizPete.

1 minute ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Thanks MizPete.

Been called much worse by much better!!:lol:

Figured she could speak for herself, which she did.  Figured it was an open forum, so I did too!! :rolleyes: <_<

Been called much worse by much better!!:lol:

Figured she could speak for herself, which she did.  Figured it was an open forum, so I did too!! :rolleyes: <_<

Oh yes, the Cowboy Way response so prevalent on the Wire...

In MizPete's posting there was context that added to her response...

Feel free since this is an open (but well regulated), Forum to continue with your responses to my question... And by all means, please continue using those cute little smiley face icons.

;)

8 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Oh yes, the Cowboy Way response so prevalent on the Wire...

In MizPete's posting there was context that added to her response...

Feel free since this is an open (but well regulated), Forum to continue with your responses to my question... And by all means, please continue using those cute little smiley face icons.

;)

HAPPY NEW YEAR,  Phantom!!  

I'm terribly sorry!!  I didn't realize that ONLY the person you responded to was allowed to reply.  As far as context, I DID include a quote of your query!

Your permission is all I ever wanted!!! <_<

HAPPY NEW YEAR,  Phantom!!  

I'm terribly sorry!!  I didn't realize that ONLY the person you responded to was allowed to reply.  As far as context, I DID include a quote of your query!

Your permission is all I ever wanted!!! <_<

Too funny... Permission...

Thanks for proving my point.

Phantom

4 hours ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

IDPA 105 power factor is only for 38 spl revolver, maybe bug division. The rest are from 125 to 165 pf. Most factory 38 spl ammo doesn't make 125 pf so it was lowered to accomodate those who don't reload.

AND...it made moonclips...not worth it anymore...so let's take it down to a division of K frames only...

Those who don't reload don't hang around very long in my experience in shooting games. They play with 9mm and .40 generally. Revolver competitors in idpa are generally  not newbies because the newbies see all the reloads the semi autos aren't doing and think gotta go faster. Where as with a 625 or model 10 on a close and fast 12 round stage...I'm thinking bottom feeders must die and hitting the reloads as smoothly as I can looking to beat them heads up.

Phantom, I seem to crawl all over your ex-wife nerve.  Maybe one day we can share a sasparilla (sic) around a campfire and come to terms.  Til then, may I suggest you just scroll on by?

Phantom, I seem to crawl all over your ex-wife nerve.  Maybe one day we can share a sasparilla (sic) around a campfire and come to terms.  Til then, may I suggest you just scroll on by?

Here is another example of the Cowboy way. I ask a question and I get this response.

In fact, you already responded... So what exactly is the purpose of this last post???

Phantom

Don't disrespect the Cowboy Way.  It means to do the right thing for the right reason.  And the post was meant to be conciliatory.  Apparently, I wasted the effort.

Don't disrespect the Cowboy Way.  It means to do the right thing for the right reason.  And the post was meant to be conciliatory.  Apparently, I wasted the effort.

Please tell me how I'm disrespecting the " Cowboy Way".

And you tell you're being conciliatory by saying: " ... Crawl all over your (my ( ex-wife nerve" and "... Just scroll by"?

I ask a simple question... It was answered...I left it alone with respect to you...and you attack me about the Cowboy Way????

Fascinating...

You cannot in fact tell someone about something not being the Cowboy Way and be simultaneously practicing same. The two, are in fact, mutually exclusive. I find this hilarious that so many "cowfolk" fail to recognize this simple truth. It is the same thing as shouting down and bullying someone exercising their First Amendment Rights because their narrative is dissimilar to yours. 

1 hour ago, Carolina Gunslinger said:

You cannot in fact tell someone about something not being the Cowboy Way and be simultaneously practicing same. The two, are in fact, mutually exclusive. I find this hilarious that so many "cowfolk" fail to recognize this simple truth. It is the same thing as shouting down and bullying someone exercising their First Amendment Rights because their narrative is dissimilar to yours. 

Well said.

16 minutes ago, Carolina Gunslinger said:

So true and well stated.

..........Widder

10 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Well, I love everybody. Except triple taps plus one. Don't like those a bit.

I think we need to change your alias to Tennessee Triple Tap 

2 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I think we need to change your alias to Tennessee Triple Tap 

Last time I saw TN shoot, it was more like "2 hits and a Miss"...... :lol:

..........Widder

Archived