SASS Wire Forum

How's the camping at Yuma Territorial Prison Break?

Captain Clark

Am looking for some 1st hand experience on camping at Yuma in a couple weeks. 

I made the jump from waiting list to getting in the match last month and want to know what to expect at the match.

I'm ready to get on the road:)

Tends to get overrun with escapees!

I don't have a clue, but couldn't resist the opening! :lol:

As long as it doesn't rain there will be plenty of room, There's a large area in front of the range that can handle quite a few rigs but if it rains it turns into a quagmire, The camping is all dry and can get dusty if the wind blows, I've had to find other places to camp a couple times but I really prefer to camp at the range more often than not its been ok.

Like Willie B says if it isn’t rainy and wet camping at the range is great. Short push of the gun cart to the bays.

I have heard that they put more rock into the center area (RV area) to try and firm it up. Hopefully it's dry and a non issue. 

BS 

I was at the range last month and noticed they had put more gravel on the road that runs between the firing line and the office, I didn't notice if they had put anymore down in the camping area.  

If anybody needs an update I'll be over there for steel challenge on Saturday and I can check it out.

Camper camping is one thing but how about tent camping there? Doable? Not advisable for any reason? 

I just got back from Yuma, They have new gravel on the road that runs behind the bays, But no gravel in the camping area.

The bad news is it started raining as I was leaving town this afternoon and it rained all the way back to San Diego, If this is all the rain they get before the shoot we may be OK,  any more and it may not be good.

Wish I had better news

12 minutes ago, Too Tall Bob said:

Br safe - plan ahead - bring your rubber raft!

Is the pond range stocked? Just to be safe I'll throw in the trolling motor?:lol:

I recall a few years ago RV’s stuck up to their axles, but they had had a lot of rain.

Archived