SASS Wire Forum

4th Annual Lazy Arrow ShootOut - video

Roger Rapid

Since we also have some Cowboy Poetry with our Tall Tales at the Lazy Arrow ShootOut:

The cowpokes gathered 'round the fire,

After shootin' many stages.

They'd come to hear the biggest liar,

And tales of deeds outrageous.

Roger Rapid was a riot,

Telling of his pedigree.

How he was kin to Wyatt,

Even showed his family tree!

The clincher was the Buntline,

Engraved with Wyatt's name.

It moved him to the frontline

Of the Tall-Tale hall of fame.

The cowpokes roared with laughter,

Even Snakebite smiled some,

As he put his best side forward,

Yup, he turned and shook his bum!

Cowpokes…

If you’re coming to shoot with us for the first time - or are just plain curious - and would like to know a bit more about our range and the Camatta Ranch, there a video on our web site on the History of PRVC at Lazy Arrow you might enjoy. The video is 15 minutes long, so grab a cup of coffee, sit comfy, and CLICK HERE or just copy-and-paste the link below.

Come shoot with us!

RR

PRVC hist..jpg

I've been asked about a schedule for the 4th Annual Lazy Arrow ShootOut. Here you go...

RR

2019 schedule.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday while shooting at the Lazy Arrow, I was asked about best directions to the ranch.  The club website has accurate directions from San Luis Obispo (NB 101) and Atascadero, nothing really from Paso Robles (SB 101), and OK instructions from SR46E (I-5 and the Valley).  The following would be my suggestions for a smooth trip.

From Paso Robles:  If you are coming off 101, turn east on SR 46E to Golden Hill Rd.  Turn south on Golden Hill Rd and follow it to Creston Road (dead-end).  Turn left on Creston Rd and follow it to where it intersects with SR 41E (several miles).  Cross SR 41, Creston Rd turns into La Panza Rd.  Follow La Panza Rd to where it dead-ends into SR 58.  Turn left on SR 58 and follow it to past Shell Creek Rd about 3 miles to the ranch on the left.  

From SR 46E, the directions through Shandon are fine if you are bobtailing but be advised this is an old county road with lots of patches that may be rough on motor homes and other RV's.  A better path for RV's and big rigs, while a few miles longer, is to take the westerly turnoff into Shandon at McMillian Canyon Rd.  Turn south for a couple of miles to SR 41.  Turn south on SR 41.  If you take the first turnoff into Shandon, you're still ok, you just have to drive through town to get to SR 41.  SR 41 is a bit curvy in spots but the road surface is good.  Follow SR 41 to La Panza Rd, turn left and follow it to SR 58, turn left again and head east past Shell Creek to the ranch.

Hope this helps

I heard from a shooter who had trouble downloading the Registration form for the 4th Annual Lazy Arrow ShootOut from our website. You can  CLICK HERE to download a PDF directly, or copy and paste this URL to your web browser.

RR

PS: the PRVC website is:   www.PRVCatLazyArrow.com

Received a question about camping: Our camping is first-come, first-serve, dry camping, and our camping host - Ruthless Rodg - will help you get settled when you arrive. There is fresh well water in the campground with great pressure, so you can daisy chain your water if you like (but of course bring plenty of hose and a “Y” for your connection). You can also fill up water on the way in. There are two hot/cold showers and flush toilets (in steel buildings) in the campground. The campground is immediately adjacent to the range (the closest end of the campground is about 250' from the range). Our Friday complimentary night dinner is provided by your Match Directors, and that dinner and the Saturday night pot-luck dinner are in the campground. The Cowboy Church tent and Poker Tournament tent are  also in the campground. 

Our Sunday night Wild West BBQ dinner and awards ceremony is held in the Ranch’s homestead area, about .6 miles from the PRVC range and campground, and there is a fun “trolley” that brings everyone back and forth from the campground.

I think that covers it!  Come shoot with us!
RR

Campground.jpg

• 3 months later...

It's almost time for the shoot out at Lazy Arrow and only days away from the cut off so get those apps in if you plan to come.

Even if you can't shoot this year, come out and see what PRVC has to offer so you can plan to attend next year.

Okay JJ. We have a cart out there - you just sit in it and we'll pull you around! :o

RR

33 minutes ago, Roger Rapid said:

Okay JJ. We have a cart out there - you just sit in it and we'll pull you around! :o

RR

Actually, Giddy up's back is strong enough to hold me so I could ride through the stages.  I just need to power his back legs. :lol:

IMG_20190318_171705562.jpg

Archived