SASS Wire Forum

Relaxing with doggo.

Whiskey Business

Wow... Sorry to hear. Don't let him ruin your new year though. You can't control how big of a jerk he is, but you can control your response. I wish you luck.

Just now, Whiskey Business said:

My sister is an angel. brother not so much. Yuck.

Trust me, I understand. I have family I avoid as much as possible. There are people I consider family that I am not related to by blood, but I am much closer to than those I am related to.

Happy New Year, WB. Don’t let it get to you.

Well, Whiskey, just remember that there are a whole lot of cowfolk out here who do appreciate you.  

So try to focus on good stuff for the coming year.  *O:-) angel

(Hmmm... "Cowfolk."  Is that a word...?)  :rolleyes:

Well Whiskey, just remember: You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your relations.

Chin up and Happy New Year!

1 hour ago, Whiskey Business said:

Blocked him. Forever.

If that's what  it takes.  Life's too short, even if he is blood kin.  Comes a time you have to cut the noxious out of your life.

I feel your pain. I have an oddball sibling and so does Shortcake. When they call to complain and ridicule, we just say we are at a match having a great time with other cowboy shooters. They hang up.

Misery loves company, and we just refuse to provide it.

Stay strong and remember what comedian Buddy Hackett used to say.

"Never carry a grudge. While you're carrying the grudge the other guy is out dancing."

1 hour ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Well Whiskey, just remember: You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your relations.

Chin up and Happy New Year!

Friends are the  family  you  get  to  pick

Happy  new  year  Whiskey . 

CS  

Happy New Year, Whiskey!!

Non carborundum illegitimae!!

Whiskey, I have relatives and some ex-friends that somehow seem to have lost their minds, or maybe they were always nuts and I was slow to pick up. Regardless, I basically shunned them. I dropped all communication. I told them what I was doing in one last message and that was that. 

It was a little hard at first, especially with the one friend who is a bit sociopathic. He kept badgering and emailing and the “nice guy” in me would almost relent but my “little devil” would step in and I would just ignore him. 

Sometimes you you just have to draw a line in the sand and maintain it. It will be hard but it does work.

Try and have a Happy New Year...perhaps a resolution is in order?

1 hour ago, J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE said:

Sorry to hear about it.  Enjoy 2019.  I hope your brother licks a toad.

Wow, That's harsh but I think I love it.

Happy New Year to you, may it be a blessed one.

My wife and brother-in-law have a similar relationship; he's a know-it-all/holier-than-thou j@ck@$$ just like their dad was.

That is the weird thing. My mom and dad were good people. My parents had passed a few years before Bucky got sick. My sister helped me through it all. Decent successful hard working types. With one exception.

Oh, and after my dad passed stupid brother was a nightmare going through probate. 

Whiskey,

You can only extend the olive branch once. If he takes it and throws it in the chipper, well that's on him. Life is too short to be rained upon (be nice Will) by someone who constantly looks to be a PITA.

I hope you and your sis have a happy, healthy and Blessed New Year!

WWB

Dear heart, I am trying to think of something uplifting, enlightening, encouraging, nonfattening and otherwise useful, but you've already got more and better than I could come up with!

I was going to send you a hug but when I bent over to wrap my arms around the laptop, I knocked over my coffee, stirred up dust and sneezed, scared the dog and threw my back out, all at the same time.

I thought a hug was safe to try and send because when I tried to send my old paramedic partner some nice hot tea, I poured in that microphone grille here on the laptop ... there was a terrible sizzling, some sparks, the magic smoke made its escape and I had to replace the silly thing!

44 minutes ago, Whiskey Business said:

2019 here I come!

And 2019 is ready and waiting for ya~!    big-hug.gif   

Archived