SASS Wire Forum

snow

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

Yup. Although the weather radar say’s it’s not snowing here I’ve been plowing for a hour.

Weather radar speaks with forked tongue. :P

36238E6D-87F4-4957-9464-3DBAFB8478FE.jpeg

I don't mind snow, especially since I don't have to go to work in it anymore, as long as the power stays on. :D  Now, back around the 9th and 10th of December, we had 20" here in the Blue Ridge, which was a bit much. The power stayed on and we got through it OK.

Snow this time of year is great.  The kids are playing on the slopes and the snowpack we need to fill our reservoirs is deepening.  Unfortunately the brunt of this storm will hit us on New Years Eve.  Drunken drivers playing bumper cars on snow packed roads will make for a busy night for law enforcement and emergency medical services.

Jan. 2nd update: 223 crashes, 66 with injuries.  Fortunately no fatalities.  Liquor and snow are an evil mix.

59 and sunny here today. Was going to go to a New Years day shoot tomorrow but the match has been cancelled due to the weather.

The forecast for for New Years day is mostly cloudy and a brisk 30 degrees at sunrise. Afternoon high of 39, Which wouldn't be too bad except that the wind will be out of the north at 15. Which means the wind chill will be a nasty 10 degrees..

We just passed the old record today 2018 is now the wettest year on record here. For New Year’s Day we are looking for more rain and 50 mph wind gusts 

1 hour ago, Henry T Harrison said:

We just passed the old record today 2018 is now the wettest year on record here. For New Year’s Day we are looking for more rain and 50 mph wind gusts 

Sounds like the same as us. Heard on the radio out of Columbus that the record at the airport is 54.97” set in 2011. As of 3:00 pm they were at 54.80” and we’ve had a lot of rain since, with more on the way.

Just saw the people standing in the rain in Times Square waiting for the ball to drop.

Meh!

I believe I’ll have a cup of Black Rifle coffee (fortified) and watch the snow fall.

We capped out at around four inches here, then got a bit of a thaw.  Some folk s a few miles west of here had over six inches.

Just for the record: you people who actually LIKE snow are certifiably nuts.  Okay, got that off my chest.

Happy new year.

8 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Just for the record: you people who actually LIKE snow are certifiably nuts.  Okay, got that off my chest.

Happy new year.

If you are in the Saloon, there is a right good chance you are nuts. 

Still and all, snow is a rare treat here. Love me a snow shower

Had my fill of warm sunny weather. Yuck.

Snow’s great to look at.

Till you have to work in it.

21 minutes ago, Whiskey Business said:

I never said I wasn't nuts, too. :rolleyes:  :D

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Just saw the people standing in the rain in Times Square waiting for the ball to drop.

Meh!

I believe I’ll have a cup of Black Rifle coffee (fortified) and watch the snow fall.

Yup. And none are allowed to have umbrellas. "Security" is the reason. :wacko:  I weep for our nation more and more these days....

Weather report from south west Ohio, 60 degrees rain all day, and now windy as H@LL.  Whats with the backwards weather patterns, and why won't this rain stop this year.  If all the rain we had today woulda been snow we would have been buried.

It was pretty windy here last night as well. One of my buckets that I had under the car port got blown off the storage bin it was on. We'll see what the park looks like in a bit, hopefully we didn't have another tree come down:blush:

22 hours ago, Whiskey Business said:

How would you...... oh, never mind!  :P  :D

We got 20" between the 28th and the 29th.  Took me 3 hours to get out of my drive.  On the 30th, Wildshot and I worked on clearing the Ranch roads, shooting bays and Sporting Clays range.  I managed to dig out most of the traps (clay throwers) and their batteries. (that's snowshoe and shovel work) Yesterday it started up again, and now have another 15".  We had to cancel the match on Saturday, and hope to have things cleared enough for a target delivery (50K lbs of targets) on Tuesday. 

22 hours ago, Frazee Ridge, SASS #54171 said:

We have had rain all day here in southern lower Michigan.  

My dad grew up in Cadillac.  He hated the winters there so much that except for two summer vacation trips & my grandmother's funeral he never went to MI after settling in CA when he mustered out of the Navy after WWII.  Today was the coldest this winter with a high of 30F.

Archived