SASS Wire Forum

For sale Ruger 357 4-5/8” barrels case color blued

Three Gun Cole

F/S.  Consecutive numbered  new model rugers

Jimmy Spur did the work on the guns.

$2,700 shipped to states that accept from my FFL dealer 

I have The original factory boxes.  The guns were shipped with the standard blued finish.

case color was added before action work.

5F5B75BE-E602-49AA-8AAA-94F626006D2E.jpeg

DE553B17-2EE2-42FB-9B84-EA4B77E4EED9.jpeg

41E1969F-672A-4FB3-BCDB-766DCABA89CC.jpeg

E3BF3853-34E8-4263-870C-6413562CBD62.jpeg

7D39B485-2644-4E24-801D-CA7E5E61F92D.jpeg

I know these guns. Should be noted that the frames were actually real bone color case hardened. These are also 510 prefix guns which in my opinion are the best vintage of the New Vaqueros. Very nice pistols that will shoot for a lifetime. 

I believe the original owner used them 2-3 years. So they do have blueing wear on the barrel-ejector rod housing and the front of the cylinders. 

I purchased them when he got out of cowboy shooting.  They feel too heavy for me.

I shoot the Colt style guns better than the rugers.

Call or text 517-617-6867 if you have questions.

3GC

On 12/30/2018 at 9:58 AM, Deuce Stevens SASS#55996 said:

I know these guns. Should be noted that the frames were actually real bone color case hardened. These are also 510 prefix guns which in my opinion are the best vintage of the New Vaqueros. Very nice pistols that will shoot for a lifetime. 

I would like to make sure what your saying here.  Were the guns color case hardened from the factory and then an after market, case hardened again?

On 12/31/2018 at 8:28 PM, Oklahoma Dee said:

I would like to make sure what your saying here.  Were the guns color case hardened from the factory and then an after market, case hardened again?

Dee

The Color casing on Ruger Vaqueros from the factory is simply a chemical faux color casing, thus the reason it does not last very long. These guns were color cased by a guy in Ohio and I believe he used the real bone charcoal method. While I didn't own them I know these guns very well and the history behind them. 

Thanks for the information, Deuce Stevens....That is a bonus for these guns.  Just knowing Sir Jimmy built them is normally enough. 

Too bad they do not have 6.5" barrels on them.  :D

2 hours ago, Oklahoma Dee said:

Thanks for the information, Deuce Stevens....That is a bonus for these guns.  Just knowing Sir Jimmy built them is normally enough. 

Too bad they do not have 6.5" barrels on them.  :D

Nah......they need 7.5"'s on them. Then we would be talking :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived