SASS Wire Forum

Browns matter

Rye Miles #13621

Browns today against the Ravens, Browns are 7-7-1 and out of the playoffs but still relevant as to whether the Ravens or Steelers go into the playoffs! Not bad for a team that went 0-16 last year!! This new QB, Baker Mayfield is the real deal!

Go Browns!!!

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Gotta be careful where I walk in the woods on the right side of my property because of my neighbor’s dog.  There’s brown matter all over the place.

Yea so, what has that got to do with football and this post???

3 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

You're quite right Rye.  The Browns ARE relevant.  The give us all something to dump on when no one more deserving is available.

So you're dumping on a team that went from 0-16 to 7-7-1 in one year? Hmm....you must be a Steelers fan and you're scared!!!:P Wait till next year!!!;)

BTW that TIE was against The Steelers!!:lol:

42 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

So you're dumping on a team that went from 0-16 to 7-7-1 in one year? Hmm....you must be a Steelers fan and you're scared!!!:P Wait till next year!!!;)

BTW that TIE was against The Steelers!!:lol:

Until they change their names from the BROWNS they will continue to get referenced to something brown and stinky.:P No matter how well they play. 

1 minute ago, Yul Lose said:

Until they change their names from the BROWNS they will continue to get referenced to something brown and stinky.:P No matter how well they play. 

The Browns were named after Paul Brown, one of the all time best coaches in the history of football! If people want to be childish and refer to something "brown and stinky" then fine for them! When they grow up then I'll talk to them!:angry:

For the FIRST time in many years, the Browns will NOT get the first pick in the draft, unless they trade for it!! <_< 

Well Rye Old Buddy better luck next year. Question is will the Browns get or keep a good head coach and will they get a little better line to protect Mayfield?

It was kinda fun to watch the Steelers root for Cleveland.

I’ll never get tired of reading this stuff. It’s the most civil conversation of the day

11 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Browns today against the Ravens, Browns are 7-7-1 and out of the playoffs but still relevant as to whether the Ravens or Steelers go into the playoffs! Not bad for a team that went 0-16 last year!! This new QB, Baker Mayfield is the real deal!

Go Browns!!!

But for that missed read or missed route, I couldn't quite tell listening to the radio, that led to the interception, it would've been a different story.  I'm still not a Browns fan, I'm a Broncos fan, when I pay attention to the NFL, which isn't often, sorry. But, I'm glad we have an Ohio football team worth paying attention to, other than the Buckeyes.

29 minutes ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

It was kinda fun to watch the Steelers root for Cleveland.

I couldn't believe my eyes!!!:lol:

Well.  The only way the Steelers get into the playoff, the colts have to end in a tie.  Anyone want to take odds on that happening??

Maybe the Browns will repeat another perfect season this next year??

The odds of that rushed play call were a million to one. The odds of a field goal were five hundred to one. Any idiot, which includes me, knows that with a minute left, you call your last time out and regroup. 

"...they put in Bullfrog?!"

Ralphie's dad from 'A Christmas Story'

:lol: 

10 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Well.  The only way the Steelers get into the playoff, the colts have to end in a tie.  Anyone want to take odds on that happening??

Maybe the Browns will repeat another perfect season this next year??

The Browns will never go 0-16 again! Not in OUR lifetime! The Steelers are on their way downhill, hope they have a nice time on the way down!! :lol:

Really bad call on the play at the end when Jackson jumped up over the line and NEVER cleared the goal line. A ref blew the whistle as Jackson dropped the ball and a Browns player (Peppers) picked it up and it could have been the easiest 90 yd touchdown run in his career!

The Refs blew that one big time! The Browns should have won that game!:(

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2018/12/browns-get-one-last-frustrating-call-from-officials-in-season-finale-things-havent-gone-our-way-all-year-with-the-officials.html

Sorry.  I thought this thread was about the UPS truck drivers.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 8:03 AM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Really bad call on the play at the end when Jackson jumped up over the line and NEVER cleared the goal line. A ref blew the whistle as Jackson dropped the ball and a Browns player (Peppers) picked it up and it could have been the easiest 90 yd touchdown run in his career!

The Refs blew that one big time! The Browns should have won that game!:(

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2018/12/browns-get-one-last-frustrating-call-from-officials-in-season-finale-things-havent-gone-our-way-all-year-with-the-officials.html

You know it, brother!

I'm a displaced fan now living where the marketing area for the Steelers, Ravens and Eagles come together.  It was good to hear the support from the Steeler fans and good words about the Browns success this year.

1 hour ago, punxsutawneypete said:

You know it, brother!

I'm a displaced fan now living where the marketing area for the Steelers, Ravens and Eagles come together.  It was good to hear the support from the Steeler fans and good words about the Browns success this year.

I have relatives in the Scranton/Wilkes Barre area, a few are Steelers fans but most of them are Eagles fans! Philly is closer to Scranton so I guess that's why! There's actually two of them that are Browns fans because they lived here in the Cleve area for a while.

Baker Mayfield set a record for the most TD's by a rookie and he only played in 13 games! 

Cool T-Shirt I saw said, "All my Brownies needed was a Baker" :lol:

Five years ago, I said Johnny Maisel, Heisman winner, wasn’t the guy for the Browns. He wasn’t NFL QB material. Just a fact.

Now, I’ll say Baker Mayfield, Heisman winner, is the guy. He’s real deal NFL QB playoff material. Just a fact. 

Archived