SASS Wire Forum

J-Bar's Mug...err, Picture...

A face in the crowd...I’m honored you noticed!  The lady competitors were ever so much more pretty!!

Here’s hoping the idea for the lady’s only match will catch on at other clubs.

Congratulations to Jackie Diamond on her win and cover photo!

Geez, Forty, that’s not the way it was.  It was just a bunch of guy cowboys trying to do something nice for a bunch ladies whom we enjoy shooting with.  Nothing political about it at all.  Kinda like holding a door open for a lady, made them feel special.  

The club hosts about 34 other matches a year (4th Saturday and Sundays each month plus a midweek shoot once a month) that are open to you and everyone else, so the Women’s match isn’t very restrictive.  And everyone had fun at it, the most important thing, OK?  I was a spotter and the other cowboys did the other posse chores so all the ladies had to do was enjoy the shooting.  And they did!

1 hour ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Geez, Forty, that’s not the way it was.  It was just a bunch of guy cowboys trying to do something nice for a bunch ladies whom we enjoy shooting with.  Nothing political about it at all.  Kinda like holding a door open for a lady, made them feel special.  

The club hosts about 34 other matches a year (4th Saturday and Sundays each month plus a midweek shoot once a month) that are open to you and everyone else, so the Women’s match isn’t very restrictive.  And everyone had fun at it, the most important thing, OK?  I was a spotter and the other cowboys did the other posse chores so all the ladies had to do was enjoy the shooting.  And they did!

I’m with you J-Bar, that’s why I hold an annual gun cart raffle with all of the money from ticket sales going to the LOCAS (Ladies Of Cowboy Action Shooting). What a great way to keep the ladies active in our sport and possibly attract more. I don’t see anything politically correct about it, it’s about keeping our sport alive. I remember matches not so long ago where there weren’t any lady shooters present and I’m glad that’s changed. Who doesn’t like to hear a woman’s laughter after they’ve shot a clean stage or their first clean match? Keep up the good work.

A local shooting range has ladies only courses. The courses are taught by female NRA instructors for all women classes. This is done to eliminate what some people call "testosterone intimidation". These classes when first offered were well accepted and continue to be very successful. Nothing politically correct about it, just finding a way to serve half of the population without the other half of the population Ramboing up saying, "No no no! You're doing it wrong, here let me show you the right way." 

Archived