SASS Wire Forum

Damn dog

Alpo

Worthless comes over to me and says it's time for our afternoon walk. Actually, she says, it must be PAST time, 'cause it's awful damn dark outside.

I tell her it's raining.

She repeats that it is time for our walk.

Okay. Get up, put my shoes on, put my raincoat on, snap her leash on, get my stick, and out we go.

We get about halfway down the driveway and she stops and looks up at me and says It's raining.

I tell her I know that. I told her that.

She says Why'd you bring me out here? I don't wanna be out in this mess. Let's go back in the house.

Once we're in, she heads for the back door. It's probably not raining there. Let's go out this door.

I held fast and refused.

Stupid damn dog.

I hear you Alpo. My little Min Pin does the same thing.  I take her to the back door and she does an about face. Then goes to the front door and says let’s go. It always amazes me that she will then go right off the front porch and runs around in the rain for five minutes doing her business. Or she does the process in reverse and runs around in the rain outback.  Go figure

1 hour ago, Whiskey Business said:

My silly chihuahua (male) will endure rain, cold and snow to check p-mail.  Umbrella comes in handy.

My Weimaraner is the same way.  He doesn't care whether it is raining, snowing, sleet or hot sun, when he is ready to walk By George we are going to walk.

Hard headed damn kraut!

Duffield

3 hours ago, Alpo said:

Worthless comes over to me and says it's time for our afternoon walk. Actually, she says, it must be PAST time, 'cause it's awful damn dark outside.

I tell her it's raining.

She repeats that it is time for our walk.

Okay. Get up, put my shoes on, put my raincoat on, snap her leash on, get my stick, and out we go.

We get about halfway down the driveway and she stops and looks up at me and says It's raining.

I tell her I know that. I told her that.

She says Why'd you bring me out here? I don't wanna be out in this mess. Let's go back in the house.

Once we're in, she heads for the back door. It's probably not raining there. Let's go out this door.

I held fast and refused.

Stupid damn dog.

Not so stupid.  Got you trained didn't she? :P  :lol:

April used to REALLY resist going out in the rain.  Now she has learned that she can make a hard right out of the door and get some protection from the hedge.  

Most mornings when I'm getting ready for work she'll stretch like she is ready to go out.  About half the time we'll get to the door, she steps out, I step out, then she walks in a loop around me and back in.  

Our dog Maddie holds raony days against us. She gives us the dirtiest looks when she finds it’s raining outside and she has to pee. It’s as if she thinks we control the weather.

She’s going to love California. :D

If she is still around she will live Arizona or New Mexico even more, in a few years.

My SIL's min-pin chihuahua has gotten pretty cranky in his old age. If he's not ready to get up in the morning, you best not disturb him. other mornings, he'll sit at the edge of the bed and whine his head off. We inherited him when she went into the nursing facility, of course we had been basically taking care of him for years anyway. Our long coat dachsy will make a hard left at the bottom of the steps , make her way under the carport, cut between the cars, then finish the trip along side the last car in line to the edge of the carport and into the small area of grass just outside the over hang( sort of sheltered), do her thing and then repeat the trip in reverse:rolleyes::blush:

13 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Our dog Maddie holds raony days against us. She gives us the dirtiest looks when she finds it’s raining outside and she has to pee. It’s as if she thinks we control the weather.

She’s going to love California. :D

If she is still around she will live Arizona or New Mexico even more, in a few years.

Let me know when you're coming down for a look.  Glad to have you visit and maybe become a neighbor again.

14 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Let me know when you're coming down for a look.  Glad to have you visit and maybe become a neighbor again.

I will, you can bet on it. :D

My wife has a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.  When it thunders, he scurries to me and insists I hold him.  My wife hates it that HER dog would rather be with me.

9 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I will, you can bet on it. :D

Give me a ten hour warning so I'll have time to stock the fridge and pantry and come on by.  Got room for two (or even more if you want to drag someone else along.).

20 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Give me a ten hour warning so I'll have time to stock the fridge and pantry and come on by.  Got room for two (or even more if you want to drag someone else along.).

Oh, it wouldn’t be for a few months at the soonest. We haven’t even moved in down here yet. Haha

Archived