SASS Wire Forum

SOLD Colt SAA .45lc P1840 4 3/4 Blue CCH Ivory Grips

SOLD  $2200  Like new in box Colt SAA .45LC, 4 3/4"  barrel, color case frame.  Includes Blue Box and white sleeve and Colt instructions.  Test fired only.  Genuine Ivory grips, with Gold Colt medallion.  I'm not sure if these are Colt Custom Shop, or aftermarket but they are perfectly fitted with nice grain and color.  Screws are mint.  Very light cylinder turn marks.  About 100% mint.  Has a lighter hammer and bolt spring installed, but the original springs are included. You can't buy these anymore (Custom Shop will put on a list), especially the Ivory grips.  Free priority shipping to your FFL.  No trades please, I need money to pay for Christmas buying frenzy.  Payment by M.O. or check if I know you.  Going up on GunBroker later today for substantially more, this is a deal for SASS members.

DSCN1668.JPG

DSCN1669.JPG

DSCN1670.JPG

DSCN1671.JPG

DSCN1672.JPG

DSCN1675.JPG

DSCN1676.JPG

DSCN1678.JPG

DSCN1679.JPG

Calvin : I do not mean to do anything but elevate this gun sale

Pards this is a deal if I were Calvin I would rethink that price but it's NOT my gun!!!!

this is a 1993 Colt, which means it was an early 3rd gen re-issue just before the "what some folks call Gen 4" guns.

Colt had slowed , almost ceased production until USFA and AWA showed them the error in their ways and they ramped  production back up.

These guns were all true custom shop guns!!!

Those grips are REAL Ivory from Nutmeg Sports ( Jim Alaimo fame). They were doing all Colt  Ivory grips.

As these are originally fitted to the gun there should be no issues there.

When this gun was new those grips were a $400+  option, cost depended on availability

now when you can find them $600 + and you have to "PROVE" provenance of the ivory....good luck with that.

SOMEBODY buy this before I weaken......................

Calvin is giving somebody a hell of an XMAS present.........

The ivory grips have to stay in Texas correct?  Or can than those be delivered across state lines with the proper "provenance" of the ivory?

Why do you folks post on here about how this was so under priced? I think this was a nice Colt priced at a fair price. Colt 3rd gen about $1700 - $1800 tops. Ivory’s about $400-600. You did well Calvin.

Calvin very fair price and very nice grips.  Bad Company agree with you on price range for 3rd Gens......low round count/no turn line on cylinder condition can be consistently found in $1700-1800 range.....$3K for nickel 3rd gen SAA are rare exception to the rule.....like hitting the lottery exception to the rule.

Truth is Calvin has been selling some very nice firearms the past couple of months for very fair prices. I've begun to await his next offering with a little anticipation.

dang......impressive.....that's better than getting glimpse inside a harem tent in Arabian Nights.....wow

Archived