SASS Wire Forum

Testosterone

Rye Miles #13621

I keep hearing commercials on the radio and tv about a testosterone enhancement pill that us guys need! The reason we need it is because according to the ad we have less than our fathers and even less than our grandfathers! It doesn't say why we have less but it makes that statement!

Question: How the %^$# do they know how much my grandfathers had or my father or for that matter how much I have??:wacko:

How can they make that claim?:unsure:

Rye:

They didn't test your parents or grandparents specifically :o, but a study of men the same age in subsequent years apparently has shown a decrease in the testosterone levels. :(

For more information: :ph34r:

https://www.healio.com/endocrinology/hormone-therapy/news/print/endocrine-today/{ac23497d-f1ed-4278-bbd2-92bb1e552e3a}/generational-decline-in-testosterone-levels-observed

Testosterone.JPG.c887a4fa9de2c438c71b4c90c9c0ec51.JPG

And if you end up with Prostate cancer and you're given Hormone shots to help reduce the cancer, no matter what your age, it will reduce the your Testosterone level even further.

Trust me.

Wonder how the same test would come out in different parts of the country. Like Salt Lake where the Mormons are. Or the Memmonites.

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Want to reduce your testosterone level? Wear a man bun.

Wait - I thought the man bun was already a sign of no testosterone!:P

1 hour ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

And if you end up with Prostate cancer and you're given Hormone shots to help reduce the cancer, no matter what your age, it will reduce the your Testosterone level even further.

Trust me.

Yep down to zero with all the nasty side effects 

36 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Et Tu Henry?

Yep the full boat Hormone treatment, 45 radiation treatments and I start chemo in a week or so I’m an over achiever 

5 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Want to reduce your testosterone level? Wear a man bun.

I darn near choked on a mouthful of sammich mixed with coffee.:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the belly laugh, Marshal. :D

25 minutes ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

think california is in trouble with "low-T"

if-california-was-a-person.jpg

Got news for you...This isn't in CALIFORNIA!

Yellow is not used for curbs in California and if it is it denotes a loading zone and there is a sign with a posted dwell time.

Look at the license plate on the car in the distance. It looks like it could be a Texas plate...:P

Image result for texas license plates

6 hours ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Rye:

They didn't test your parents or grandparents specifically :o, but a study of men the same age in subsequent years apparently has shown a decrease in the testosterone levels. :(

For more information: :ph34r:

https://www.healio.com/endocrinology/hormone-therapy/news/print/endocrine-today/{ac23497d-f1ed-4278-bbd2-92bb1e552e3a}/generational-decline-in-testosterone-levels-observed

Testosterone.JPG.c887a4fa9de2c438c71b4c90c9c0ec51.JPG

This study is flawed, check the ages they used in different years! It only goes back to 1987! I still don't how how they know what my grandfathers level was! One died in 1956 the other died in 1964!!! Neither had diabetes, one died from black lung the other a heart attack! My dad died in 1994 at 83, heart attack.

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Got news for you...This isn't in CALIFORNIA!

Yellow is not used for curbs in California and if it is it denotes a loading zone and there is a sign with a posted dwell time.

Look at the license plate on the car in the distance. It looks like it could be a Texas plate...:P

I dunno, Pat... that sure looks like Berkeley to me.

And "dwell times" are seldom posted in most places.

But whether the photo was captured in California or not, it surely represents a good portion of the state.  :(

9 hours ago, Henry T Harrison said:

Yep down to zero with all the nasty side effects 

I'm happy to have the side effects.  Beats the hell out of having the cancer.

4 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

I dunno, Pat... that sure looks like Berkeley to me.

And "dwell times" are seldom posted in most places.

But whether the photo was captured in California or not, it surely represents a good portion of the state.  :(

I know...I was just being ornery. :D

11 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I keep hearing commercials on the radio and tv about a testosterone enhancement pill that us guys need! The reason we need it is because according to the ad we have less than our fathers and even less than our grandfathers! It doesn't say why we have less but it makes that statement!

Question: How the %^$# do they know how much my grandfathers had or my father or for that matter how much I have??:wacko:

How can they make that claim?:unsure:

I've been reading the Foxfire books, and the way the old timers lived. Trust me, that had more b@**$ than us! All we do is live, they had to survive!

46 minutes ago, Noz said:

I'm happy to have the side effects.  Beats the hell out of having the cancer.

Yes it does The side effects are temporary death is permanent 

10 hours ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

I've been reading the Foxfire books, and the way the old timers lived. Trust me, that had more b@**$ than us! All we do is live, they had to survive!

True but what has that have to do with testosterone?? I think this is all a bunch of bunk to sell their snake oil crap!:angry:

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

True but what has that have to do with testosterone?? I think this is all a bunch of bunk to sell their snake oil crap!:angry:

I'm with you there , Rye. And that is my opinion of just about every TV commercial , no matter what the product.

Rex :D , who also enjoys the prostate cancer  treatment side effect. :P

21 hours ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

think california is in trouble with "low-T"

if-california-was-a-person.jpg

This is what I see when I think of LA and San Fransisco.  And if IT doesn't make the hair stand up on the back of your neck I don't know what it would take.

I think it is the attack on male image!  Remember when father knew best?  Nowadays, father is stupid and mother will make sure he is reminded of it, daily if not hourly!  Not saying that women should be relegated to the roles shown on "Leave it to Beaver"!  There are plenty of smart woemen out there, and they are capable of great things.  Look at some of our astronauts, and the history of the new junior senator from Arizona.  But the image that is mostly portrayed for males has been diminished over the last few decades.  Of course, as posted, medications available today to treat conditions/diseases can have an effect of actual testosterone.

The stuff on the radio isn't testosterone. Actual testosterone requires a doctor's prescription. This is "testosterone enhancement" and is made by the vitamin/supplement industries. This is largely unregulated so they make all sorts of unsubstantiated claims/lies.  Remember these marketing "facts"?

smoking.jpg

Those hormone shots (Eligard) ain’t for everybody , took my first one 1/8/18 and just now getting over the side effects , was supposed to take one every six months for two years , I declined after the first one . Did the radiation for twenty five days and right now my numbers are good , my point is you can’t treat us all like an assembly line every patient is different.

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:46 PM, Henry T Harrison said:

Yep the full boat Hormone treatment, 45 radiation treatments and I start chemo in a week or so I’m an over achiever 

Prayers heading south from the northern side of the Medicine Line.

Archived