SASS Wire Forum

Clean Shot powder

diablo slim

I use it in my 38 special cartridges. I thought that it had been discontinued.

Update: I was totally wrong... One source stated that it had been discontinued, but I found at a number of other places, and emailed the makers and they said it was their #1 selling powder. 

Tried clean shot in a variety of pistol cartridges.Found a lot of small spherical residue in the form of burnt powder through the firearms.  Too much trouble to clean it out. Stopped using it.

35 minutes ago, diablo slim said:

Im going to use it in shot gun only....im thinking 15grains over 1oz .....

From their website

STS Hull

CCI-209 Primer

RXP Wad

1 oz shot

Powder D013

Min of 14.7 gr and a Max of 17 gr (1150 to 1350 fps)

17 hours ago, Snakebite said:

I use it in my 38 special cartridges. I thought that it had been discontinued.

Update: I was totally wrong... One source stated that it had been discontinued, but I found at a number of other places, and emailed the makers and they said it was their #1 selling powder. 

When you first said you thought it was discontinued, I thought maybe you were thinking of the original "Clean Shot" BP-sub which was the predecessor to American Pioneer Powder.

I get mine from Scarlett & load it in Ophelia's 32's. When I run out of TiteWad, I'll start running it in my 38's.

The stuff is almost as fine as liquid mercury. I'll probably switch & use it in the shotguns also when I run out of my current powder.

On 12/27/2018 at 8:40 AM, Judge'm All Duncan, SASS#67320 said:

Scarlett Darlin goes to lots of matches and is a distributor. 

If you buy quick you get hugs, if you dilly dally she will stand on your neck. Lol

Don't be spreadin' no rumors, Judge! I've only THREATENED to stand on your neck! 

Clean Shot is great powder and all I use - and yes, I sell it but I use it, too. I don't load shotshell though - no time. As for the little bit of residue?  It's harmless - it's because we are shooting light loads. If you find it bothersome, use a magnum primer (I do) or bump your load up a little bit. 

The best thing is that it meters like Mercury even in my 32 HR magnum cases - I weigh them every once in a while.and they are dead on. 

Hugs!!

Scarlett

As I said in a previous post meters real well in my Dillon and loaded .38spcl and 45acp was happy with the results. Think will be loading some 9mm with that next. Will be getting some new washers or whatever they are called for the MEC as it was a bit messy and found powder falling out. But the shotgun loads worked nice.

I have also gotten hugs from Scarlett....But neck standing...Kinky!

Midsouth Shooters Supply posted a link with a lot of data for Clean Shot and the rest of that family of powders..     GW

5 hours ago, Scarlett said:

Don't be spreadin' no rumors, Judge! I've only THREATENED to stand on your neck! 

Clean Shot is great powder and all I use - and yes, I sell it but I use it, too. I don't load shotshell though - no time. As for the little bit of residue?  It's harmless - it's because we are shooting light loads. If you find it bothersome, use a magnum primer (I do) or bump your load up a little bit. 

The best thing is that it meters like Mercury even in my 32 HR magnum cases - I weigh them every once in a while.and they are dead on. 

Hugs!!

Scarlett

+1 on metering! Very consistent and shoots good too!

CBG

Archived