SASS Wire Forum

The reloading room

Hillbilly Drifter

You all are doing a good job of shaming me into cleaning up my area.  For that I am grateful.  Got a ways to go though till it is up to speed enough to post but it sure is nice to be able to find some things that had been hidden in the mess.  Great topic that motivates me to clean up the place.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Dream Chaser, SASS #79316 said:

You all are doing a good job of shaming me into cleaning up my area.

Hey, that's what we are here for! :lol:

Happy New Year!

5 hours ago, Ripsaw said:

I don't have a dedicated reloading "room" per se. I use a portion of my workshop for reloading, setting up my press(es) on the workbench  in the background. Most of the cabinets to the left of the window are full of reloading gear. 

20160110_104237.jpg

4 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

Yer workshop is much to clean and organized:P.

2 hours ago, Ripsaw said:

Trust me, just a rare moment in time.  

I do't care... I'm still jealous!

19 hours ago, Ripsaw said:

I don't have a dedicated reloading "room" per se. I use a portion of my workshop for reloading, setting up my press(es) on the workbench  in the background. Most of the cabinets to the left of the window are full of reloading gear. 

20160110_104237.jpg

I was going to write what Yul wrote. Your shop reminds me of Hubby's, except you are much neater. Wow! When we bought our property and tore down the butt-ugly house/dome, Hubby kept the solid oak cabinets and they are in his shop. He also has an oak tool box similar to yours in the front left of this photo.

Again, wow! That is so B) I also noticed you have HVAC vents all over. Did I write WOW? ;) Hubby doesn't even have windows. He does have a band saw. He sold two of them when we moved here or he could have a BS wall like his grinder wall. :lol: BTW I notice you have two grinders, or whatever. They're grinders to me.

One thing you don't have is antique furniture (chaise and two matching chairs) hanging from your ceiling. That was my touch. I bought it 35 years ago, stripped it, and never finished it.

One final word. WOW!

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:50 AM, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Doing it old school!

100_1610.JPG

I have three old Ideal presses.  Actually used one of them to de-prime my first cases.  Gotta love old school!

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 3:20 PM, Hillbilly Drifter said:

ordered 2 of them. thanks for the heads up!

Wife told me to go ahead and get hardwood floors put down. Thanks OLG, I told her you insisted...

I also decided to set up the Dillon 550. Bought a craftsman tool chest, reinforced the top and mounted it. Ordered the 45 Colt dies and conversion kit. 

Thanks everyone for the posts. Some great looking set ups and I got some new ideas and inspiration from looking through them. 

IMG_0283.jpeg

IMG_0284.jpeg

IMG_0285.jpeg

Okay, I liked the old dresser idea, but I'm loving this one!  Looks like I might be salvaging the dresser top to reinforce the top of a new (to me) rolling tool chest!  I love Las Vegas--always an old tool chest to be found for a decent price!

Archived