SASS Wire Forum

The reloading room

Hillbilly Drifter

Winter here is the time when I do most of my reloading. Too cold and wet outside, range closes for 3 moths. I have one room in my house dedicated to reloading and gun maintenance. Bored this morning so took a few pics to share. Feel free to add pics of your loading areas if you like. I have a Dillon 550 but it is mothballed for now. I do everything on the RCBS shown. Stocking up on 45 colt, 44-40, 38-55, 45-70, 44mag, 308 win, 223 rem. Others as needed.

IMG_0273.jpeg

IMG_0274.jpeg

IMG_0275.jpeg

IMG_0276.jpeg

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, wow, WOW!  That is a truly nice set-up, HD!  What's the manufacturer and make of that brass spinner?  I'm looking to replace the round blue ball and bucket model I'm using.

3 minutes ago, Smoky Pistols said:

Wow, wow, WOW!  That is a truly nice set-up, HD!  What's the manufacturer and make of that brass spinner?  I'm looking to replace the round blue ball and bucket model I'm using.

The media separator is Dillon https://www.dillonprecision.com/cm-2000-case-media-separator_8_8_23662.html super easy to use

OK You are both a little too organized for my abilities. No not quite true, I just have a LOT more little stuff involved. I plan to add more shelf spaceand give my other hobby stuff a different space.

Imis  pix may follow

I started with a repurposed countertop on a 2x4 frame.  Add wall shelves, sink (wet tumbling), shelving unit and under counter storage for ammo boxes.  I'm happy if I can see some countertop.  Scrap piece of carpet to keep my feet warm.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

it is what it is Lumpy. The room was there, I just put it to use.

You may well have a static issue.

How will you clean up spilled powder and find dropped live primers from that carpet then? 

OLG

17 minutes ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

While I appreciate your concern OLG, trust me, I get by just fine.

As do I. Carpet came first. It is what it is.

34 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

You may well have a static issue.

How will you clean up spilled powder and find dropped live primers from that carpet then? 

OLG

Shop vac

i had three dud primers before the carpet and zero with the carpet.  I don't know if the duds are the live ones that bounced on the concrete floor or not.

My policy now is if a primer makes to the floor it gets scrapped.

30 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Hope your luck keeps going your way :excl:

OLG

I married a teenager and 45 years later I'm sleeping with a grandmother.  Is that "luck" going my way?

8 minutes ago, Matthew Duncan said:

I married a teenager and 45 years later I'm sleeping with a grandmother.  Is that "luck" going my way?

Same thing happened to Me !!!

Me I'm still a Kid ...

Jabez Cowboy

Wow, there are some very nice set-ups shown above.  Between my reloading stuff and my leather working stuff, my room is packed and not as neatly organized.

One observation (not a criticism), the OP room showed brass tumbling stuff.  I too tumbled in the house until a close fellow shooter, who also tumbled indoors, showed very high lead levels during a yearly physical.  Both of us have moved our tumblers to the garage and I've invested in a wet tumbler.

I'm not showing my reloading area(s).  It's more of an archeological expedition to get to stuff I need to load next.  We have Dillon 450 and 550b set up on one 8' work bench.  I have a couple of small C presses that I clamp down when and where needed.   We have a MEC 600 10 and 12 gauge setting on a crafts table.  Several sets of shelves filled with ammo and components.  

Archived