SASS Wire Forum

Ohio

Red Cent

"Kasich this week also vetoed a bill calling for a "stand your ground" policy on shootings, but added he would support a better gun bill.

“If you think I’m going to sign a bill that gives more power to the gun folks, are you kidding me?” Kasich told reporters, according to the Enquirer. "That’s a moral issue: gun violence." "

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ohio-gov-john-kasich-vetoes-pay-raises-of-13g-for-state-lawmakers-report

While Ohio is mostly gun friendly, Kasich turned his back on gun owners this week! That's okay he's OUT as of the first of the year. We should have better luck with DeWine as Gov.

Will the legislature override the vetos?

My understanding is that they have the votes to so it's a matter of will they proceed prior to the new governor coming into office.

At least your Ohio legislature has a good chance to do it. Cook and two or three surrounding counties control way too many legislative votes in Illinois. Which, coincidentally, is where the majority of your anti-gun legislation comes from. Illinois should have it's own Electoral College, so downstate has a better voice.

Saw this earlier!!  Good for Ohio and it's citizens!!  Kasich!!  SEE YA'!!!

Archived