SASS Wire Forum

Large Brass sight for Shotgun

Duster Tom

Brownells sells a bead kit that has a drill bit, tap and 2 beads of the size you request for a very good price,   GW

2 hours ago, Duster Tom said:

Need a new brass sight for a Model 12. Who sells large brass ones?

These are what I use on all of my shotguns

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F263540611602

13 hours ago, G W Wade said:

Brownells sells a bead kit that has a drill bit, tap and 2 beads of the size you request for a very good price,   GW

Thank You. Looks like the 6-48 kit with two #4 brass beads is just what I need.

22 hours ago, Boomstick Bruce said:

Do sass rules allow shotgun beads on rifles?

Might be an external mod since they didn't come like that but I don't see why you would want to re-invent the wheel when there are lots of rifle sight being made that are that size or bigger. 

This was on my 1908 vintage 97 when I bought it around 18 years ago (and still is). I guess you could vary the size.:P

(It is filed/sanded to match the ID of the barrel. I assume the barrel is threaded for the bolt and the nut is just a locknut).

Front sight - 4.JPG

15 hours ago, Hells Comin said:

Is the nut soldered on if so you have an adjustable sight. Lol

Don't think so but I am afraid to touch it. it will probably fall/break off.

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:53 AM, Boomstick Bruce said:

Do sass rules allow shotgun beads on rifles?

The Smith Shop offers a replacement front sight for 66/73 rifles with 3/8 dovetail that has removable beads of different sizes.  Great people to do business with. Real cowboy people      GW

Sure Hit Sight Company offers two larger beads that pop on over your factory bead. No need to drill and tap a new sight onto your barrel. All you need to do is mic your current bead and order the one that’s  closest to the size.  .125, .155 or .177. Our beads are made like a cup and tap on over the existing sight. The diameter of the bigger beads are 7/32 or 1/4” . Check them out at

www.slickmagicguns.com

Archived