SASS Wire Forum

Frankford Arsenal wet tumbler

Sgt. Hochbauer, SASS #64409

While perusing the Frankford Arsenal products on MidwayUSA site.  I seen this new, smaller Frankford Arsenal tumbler about to be made available.  

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020652544/frankford-arsenal-rotary-case-tumbler-lite

300 223 case capacity may be just right to clean all the brass from two shooters of a monthly match. 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It got above freezing yesterday so I collected up a couple hundred 38 Special cases and less than 200 C45S cases and dumped them in the Frankford Arsenal tumbler.  I put enough warm water in to cover well and added a sprinkle of Lemi-shine and a splash of Simple Green.  I ran it for an hour.  The cases came out sparkling bright.  I didn't use the pins so the insides still looked a little tea stained but plenty clean for me.  I'll clean up the old vibration cleaner and stow it away someplace.  

• 1 month later...

I have to admit,  of most products I buy I'd only give and "adequate" satisfaction rating. Many others I'm disappointed to some degree. But this Frankford Arsenal tumbler I have to say exceeds my expectations.   I just cleaned two more batches of brass yesterday.  While they were not old, grungy range pickups, they came out sparkling like the queen's jewelry.  And we've yet to use the pins.  Just splash Simple Green and Lemi Shine.  

Neat.  I currently use a Thuers but for smaller cases I am going to take a look at this.

I usually tumble a bunchof brass together then use brass shooters to help and put on towel to dry. Yes get a few small cases stick in larger but after the shake eadyb enough to catch them and pull apart.

I only use the pins if I'm trying to scrub primer pockets or BP cases.

I'm also anal about shiny brass though so I wet tumble to clean the inside and get rid of the lead, then after loading I dry tumble in walnut with turtle wax polish for 30 min or less to get that white gold mirror shine.

Archived