SASS Wire Forum

There was a game

1 hour ago, Tyrel Cody said:

No but we have a couple now that try and fill the entire first page of the Saloon with their posts...

Yes we do and it’s getting worse 

42 minutes ago, J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE said:

And I'm done!

Or are you? :lol:

2 hours ago, J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE said:

Indeed, but I'm talking about something that was done here 15-18 years ago, not anything recent.

Wow, what's it like to remember:lol::lol::lol::blink:

26 minutes ago, Snake River Clay SASS #34984 said:

I always thought I was a thread killer. There would be a lively discussion and I would comment and the thread would end without any more comment. I don't know why. 

/Thread :lol:

35 minutes ago, Snake River Clay SASS #34984 said:

I always thought I was a thread killer. There would be a lively discussion and I would comment and the thread would end without any more comment. I don't know why. 

Did your comment include death threats. Cuz that would do it. :lol:

13 hours ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

The Saloon used to be a lot of fun. I enjoyed coming here. We could laugh, poke each other, keep a story running -- now I don't come here much. The spirit was beaten out of it. Sad.

I come here and get a good chuckle pretty much every day. Maybe I'm easily amused?

I see the occasional bit of poking fun at one another, and I've even done a bit. I've yet to see it cause a problem, but I could be wrong.

As for keeping a story running, that was winding down when I first joined many moons ago. I've never been good at that, but I was giving it a try on the last one I saw, despite being very busy, until the Highlander theme was introduced, which really took everyone out of it, so far as I could see. I simply didn't know what to add.

I'm sorry you don't come here much, because I generally like your insights, when you aren't being a curmudgeonly  cantankerous old  grumpy ... Well... Uhmmm... I'd like to see more of your presence. Let's leave it at that.

As for the original question. Nope, don't remember. But that doesn't mean a lot.

I keep hearin about all the good old times in the Saloon and how much more fun it was but nobody from the old crowd posts anything all they do is bitch about how bad it is now days. Some days and weeks if it weren’t for Sub Deacon Joe, Father Kit posting there wouldn’t be anything new on here. So here’s the challenge POST SOMETHING, START A THREAD show us how it’s done and what we’re doing wrong.

5 or 10 years from now will this thread be considered the good old days?

35 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

5 or 10 years from now will this thread be considered the good old days?

Yep. Like seeing songs you liked from the 80's called "Oldies".

Archived