SASS Wire Forum

Gun cart pistol holders

Deadshot Dan

Anybody have any plans or drawings for a pistol holder on a wooden cart?  I really just need the dimensions and shape of the hole to stow my pistols vertically.  Thank you.  SORRY didn't realize i was on classifieds when i posted this, don't know how to move it.

How about these?

99702E96-FB69-4556-BB62-DC25D96F6399.jpeg

8D3E6C3C-8137-4C81-8A68-B18F00B4B9D1.jpeg

2DF48809-3BCB-4FB4-A91C-35712D6F2CBD.jpeg

A3370163-B00F-4EEF-8476-16107B3E7E3D.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Deadshot Dan said:

I gotta tell ya Yul,  you build some of the nicest carts i have seen.

Thank you but I don’t build the holsters, I wuz just given you some ideas in case you had some old holsters laying around.

42 minutes ago, Deadshot Dan said:

I gotta tell ya Yul,  you build some of the nicest carts i have seen.

Yup, awesome craftsmanship! SCJ

I used 2” PVC and cut notches for trigger guards and painted them.  Can be mounted anywhere convenient.  Just one more idea.DD0AB128-2FCB-4D4A-A078-34CBF4FB83E8.thumb.jpeg.57871e6bad61eb7d18d919eeaffebe1d.jpeg

I gotta ask, what’s the purpose of gun cart holsters? I wait all week long to wear my guns. I’d wear them to bed if I could. I’m certainly not going to take them in between stages. 

9 hours ago, Redwood Kid said:

I gotta ask, what’s the purpose of gun cart holsters? I wait all week long to wear my guns. I’d wear them to bed if I could. I’m certainly not going to take them in between stages. 

My bad back mandates that I can’t wear my pistols all of the time at a match. 

Also a nice quick way to secure your pistols if'n ya gotta make that 911 to the porta john.  Some of use just have that boyscout instinct to be prepared for anything and have all the gizmo's and gadgets.  When i go to a shoot i enjoy seeing everybody's gear, always looking for new things to make my day more organized and enjoyable.

2 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Gotta agree with ya on this Yul.  I never took mine off till i started to notice others doing it.  Gave it a try when spotting and boy i found it was nice on a long hot day to shed that extra weight off your lower back and hips.

10 hours ago, Bullett Sass 19707 said:

So I don't drop my pistol when bending over to pick up brass or reset SG targets.  Bullett 19707

That’s never been a problem for me. I usually kneel down, just enough to get the brass but not enough to sit in my spurs. 

1 hour ago, Yul Lose said:

Thanks. I hadn’t thought of that. I guess I assumed that at around less than 2 pounds each they wouldn’t affect ones back much. Now for thinking that I’m sure I’m going to start having back issues. 

1 hour ago, Deadshot Dan said:

Also a nice quick way to secure your pistols if'n ya gotta make that 911 to the porta john.  Some of use just have that boyscout instinct to be prepared for anything and have all the gizmo's and gadgets.  When i go to a shoot i enjoy seeing everybody's gear, always looking for new things to make my day more organized and enjoyable.

My boyscout instinct is to take care of business before I shoot. Once the cowboy pants, chaps, spurs, gunbelt, and bondoleer go on, the bathroom break is going to have to wait until after the shoot

I find it convenient to put my shooting irons in the cart between stages. With Posse tasks and such it just makes sense to me. My back doesn't mind that I do this either.

IMG_0569.jpeg

Or a double if you need it. Attach to your cart with wood screws or whatever works. My wife likes to take off her guns as soon as the shooting is over, but I hated that she just dumped them in to the gun cart1149407502_DoubleBucket.thumb.JPG.3b873e0b265ff27150e53506ddeca91d.JPG box.

39 minutes ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

I find it convenient to put my shooting irons in the cart between stages. With Posse tasks and such it just makes sense to me. My back doesn't mind that I do this either.

IMG_0569.jpeg

I’ll bet that picture’s going to look different soon.

Archived