SASS Wire Forum

WTC ?

Widder, SASS #59054

If Santa doesn't leave me a Ruger Mark IV, customized by Volquartsen (Scorpion model),

and I use all the money given to me and the Bunkhouse Boss for Christmas to buy it for

meowndangself,  what penalty will I get if (when) the Bunkhouse Boss discovers what I

used all the money for?

Its not like she told me not to spend any of it or buy anything.

I mean, as long as she says I can't,  then I guess I can.

PLUS, I had interference in my decision making process by a couple other friends who

urged me to buy it.

I say 'No Call'.

Bedazzled in TN.

..........Widder

I'd say that the purchase will make you happy, which in turn puts you in a better mood, which is gonna make bunkhouse boss happy, win-win. Shut up and make me a samich.

My motto is “She’ll either get over it or die with it.” So go ahead and buy it.

Just now, Major Crimes said:

This one will test PWB.

Could you claim hard of hearing? that will get you out of a MDQ at least:D

Yea, that'll work.

"Sorri Honey..... I didn't hear you tell me NOT to spend that money"

I anxiously await PWB to give the final word before I proceed..... ;)

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

If Santa doesn't leave me a Ruger Mark IV, customized by Volquartsen (Scorpion model),

and I use all the money given to me and the Bunkhouse Boss for Christmas to buy it for

meowndangself,  what penalty will I get if (when) the Bunkhouse Boss discovers what I

used all the money for?

Its not like she told me not to spend any of it or buy anything.

I mean, as long as she says I can't,  then I guess I can.

PLUS, I had interference in my decision making process by a couple other friends who

urged me to buy it.

I say 'No Call'.

Bedazzled in TN.

..........Widder

Aren't you a MAN and thereby Biblical the head of the  house!  You don't need no stinking permission!  Buy the gun!!  When my wife talks to me she get down on her hands and knees!!!!!!  You know what she says!!!!!!!! "Get out from under that bed you coward....."

A smart man would buy the firearm that he wants and put it under the tree with his wife's name on it.

If for some reason she doesn't like the gun ,offer her gift of her choice .

What I do is buy what I want and then sneak it in to the gun safe.. This way  when asked about the new purchase ,I say this old thing ,

I had this along time.  Try to say this with a straight face or learn to duck really fast.

5 minutes ago, Catlow4697 said:

A smart man would buy the firearm that he wants and put it under the tree with his wife's name on it.

If for some reason she doesn't like the gun ,offer her gift of her choice .

What I do is buy what I want and then sneak it in to the gun safe.. This way  when asked about the new purchase ,I say this old thing ,

I had this along time.  Try to say this with a straight face or learn to duck really fast.

The problem with that strategy is that she keeps it and says you can use it....... Then IF you beat her on a stage you get "Yeh...but he is usin my guns"!

Wrong Christmas Present Flow Chart:

Was the $$$ meant for a gun?

Did you in fact buy a gun?

Was the $$$ meant for a rifle, pistol or shotgun?

Did you buy the appropriate style?

What caliber was the $$$ meant for?

Did you buy that caliber? 

If you answered yes to the 2nd, 4th and 6th questions then it’s a no-call. If any or all of those answers is no then it’s a Procedural. The penalty is to buy the HoH the gift of her choosing of equal value. 

Merrrrrrrrrrry Christmas!!! :)

3 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

urged me to buy it.

I say 'No Call'.

Bedazzled in TN.

..........Widder

Proper coaching, or no coaching are never grounds for a reshoot..... HOWEVER, if the friends were part of the "peanut gallery" their influence could be seen as impeding the split second decision you had to make in reference to the firearm procurement which therefore must be taken into consideration by the posse marshal Bunkhouse boss!

Of course the ruling quoted will have absolutely no affect on her final  decision on accessing the appropiate penalties.

Your on your own :lol:

Once you’ve convinced the Bunkhouse Boss that such acquisitions are not hedonistic purchases but are in fact investments.  Certainly much better investments than the stock market these days.  But it’s a fact (well almost) that guns always appreciate in value.  Then it naturally follows that you only have BB’s best interest at heart and are thinking only of her.

PS Let me know if this works.  If so, I’ll try it my own self!

3 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Yea, that'll work.

"Sorri Honey..... I didn't hear you tell me NOT to spend that money"

I anxiously await PWB to give the final word before I proceed..... ;)

..........Widder

This one is outside my area of experience and/or expertise...having NEVER had to consult anyone (other than my accountant) regarding ANY firearm-related purchases.

Please post photos of your new pistol ASAP after the holidays.

^_^

Some of you suggest that after 35 years I start acting like the Boss..... :ph34r:

Shooting Bull interjects the Christmas Flow Chart..........

Capt Clark interjects the 'coaching/no coaching' aspect vs. the peanut gallery interference.

Cypress Sam is wanting me to test her 'reasoning' ability based on my ability, or lack thereof,  to explain

that a 'want' is really a 'need'.

I think I'll wait for PWB to tell me what the ROIV manual says..... :lol:

EDIT:  PWB has spoken while I was typing.   Looks like a plan is now in the works.

..........Widder

Remember if it in not specifically prohibited in the rules then it is by default allowed or is it the other way around. :o :P :D

Also remember that you are going to need a lot of accessories. Extra mags, range bag, red dot sight, and a picatinny rail at a minimum.

Uuuhhhh... No Call??:huh:

She's gonna see that big ol smile on yer face from yer purchase:)

That in turn will put a big ol smile on her face:D

Then she's gonna give ya a big ol hug and kiss and say

:unsure:Merry Christmas my darling :huh:

Rance ;)

Thinkin' you'll all "live happily ever after" :rolleyes:

otherwise just look dumb and say "HUH" :huh:

I find this the easiest fer me;)

I'm with Catlow on this one. High Cotton Kitty has been employing this very excuse for the last 28 years with clothing. Sneak them in, stick em in the closet, then claim they've been there. I now walk in and out with shiny objects so often she doesn't even notice anymore. If questioned, "it's been in the safe I just thought I'd take it out and blow the cobwebs out of it."

Good Luck!

2 hours ago, Jefro, SASS#69420 said:

No call, buy two, one for a backup or another pard. Get her some flowers and take her to dinner and  movie;) Next year (new buying season) is right around the corner:D....Good Luck:)

I agree with Jefro's recommend.....and I'd be happy to be the other pard.  Let me know when you've got it for me and I'll send along my FFL's info so you can ship it to me....I'll pay the freight! :)

Joyeux Noel,

Kajun

You need to use the "Hideaway" program.  I modified my local toy shops layaway program into "hideaway" from the better half (she frequents the same store).

Then all I have to do is get it into the safe without her knowing. 

Merry Christmas, 

Barry Sloe 

I'm sure you considered,,,"if momma taint happy, NO ONE'S happy?'

buy it, then tell her you're doing a 1/2 price offer on Henry Soft strokes for any cowboy interested!! that way you can at least double the return to the fund!!

oh, I'm first in line!!

Merry Christmas

1 hour ago, Cheyenne Culpepper 32827 said:

I'm sure you considered,,,"if momma taint happy, NO ONE'S happy?'

buy it, then tell her you're doing a 1/2 price offer on Henry Soft strokes for any cowboy interested!! that way you can at least double the return to the fund!!

oh, I'm first in line!!

Merry Christmas

1/2 price for Henry Soft stroke mod.   Not a bad idea.

What 1/2 would you like for me to modify?

:lol:

..........Widder

You won't regret it.  I've been playing with one with a sparrow on the end lately.  Very accurate, quiet toy

43 minutes ago, evil dogooder said:

You won't regret it.  I've been playing with one with a sparrow on the end lately.  Very accurate, quiet toy

Howdy EVIL.

I really enjoy playing with .22 pistols and rifles.

I got em modified and set up different ways:

10/22's with Feddersen receivers and Feddersen heavy stainless barrels;   other 10/22's with KIDD receivers,

barrels, triggers, bolts, etc..... and enjoy seeing which setup can be the most accurate.

AND..... with different type aftermarket stocks.   Also Nikon scope equip.   

Pistols:   Buckmarks and model .41's, both short and long versions, with & without red dot sights.

Ammo:  most all the good stuff and even some expensive Lapua stuff.   Works great in rifles

but not as well in pistols.

Yes, I would love to get a Volquartsen MK IV setup.   

Merry Christmas.

..........Widder

4 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

1/2 price for Henry Soft stroke mod.   Not a bad idea.

What 1/2 would you like for me to modify?

:lol:

..........Widder

mmmm the 1/2 of the stroke that isn't needed!!

14 minutes ago, Cheyenne Culpepper 32827 said:

mmmm the 1/2 of the stroke that isn't needed!!

ShyAnnie,

Billy The Avenger is very knowledgable of the Widder Soft Stroke mods

and would probably be more than happy to put ONLY the short stroke

portion in your rifle for a minimal cost.

You probably see him occasionally.   

..........Widder   (Walkin in a Widder Wonderland)

Reminds me of a story at the LGS.  Guy bought an expensive RWS air pistol but didn't dare take it home.  Every night he would excuse himself to go to his neighbors garage because Jim had a new air pistol.   Christmas Day he received the identical air pistol from his wife.  The note enclosed saying you enjoyed Jim's gun so much I bought you one of your own.   Jim was still smiling.     GW

Laughing so hard at these responses that my hearing aids fell out.  That's the way to handle it Widder then you wouldn't be able to hear the backlash coming.  They say the fear of a thing is often worse than the thing itself so if you can't hear it coming half the battle is over....:rolleyes:   :P    :lol:

Charlie

Archived