SASS Wire Forum

Looking for Mass Compliant Uberti Buntline

6 hours ago, Duster Tom said:

There were 2nd Generation Buntlines. One on GunBroker now with a Mfr date of 1967. As you know, anything 50 years and older is C&R OK. So use your C&R for something like this or a Ned Buntline or Wyatt Earp Commemorative.

So is any 2nd Generation, any third generation with factory engraving and letter to prove it, and any sheriff's model.

But the cost on some of them...  Oh the cost!

(Says a man who is afraid to have his collection appraised and find out how much he's spent on guns over the years!)

4 hours ago, Rancho Roy said:

Interesting that if you live in the state of MA you need to register your firearms. But move to MA from another state and registration is optional.

Roy:

In the truest sense, we don't "register" our firearms; we do, however, give the state a record of each transfer, but only for tracing guns used in crimes.

My Dad died recently, and before he passed, I called my PD to see what to do about his guns; his permit had expired, and so he could not transfer them to me.  The police told me "don't sweat it"; no one is tracking down guns that were lawfully acquired in the first place, and no one will ever know that I now possess guns that were purchased by someone else  and never transferred on paper to me.  It's an imperfect system, far short of full registration.

LL

I hear you. I’m a Massachusetts State Police certified safety instructor and teach MA gun law in my trainings. A few weeks ago I went to the local PD to renew my LTC and in conversation the police officer told me it wasn’t mandatory to register firearms(long Guns) bought in another state once back here in MA. This is clearly stated that you must register them within 7 days in MA law.

i can not tell you how many ties I’ve heard of police officers giving erroneous information about MA gun laws.

but it is so confusing, I can’t really blame them.

Archived