SASS Wire Forum

Stainless steel, zippers, belt loops, etc.

Juiceharp Jen

As far as the expense aspect, ya know anyone that's into golf??? My brother in law and sister (both gone) were into golf big time. My bro-in-law was pretty good. He used to spend as much on new clubs as I did on guns, plus memberships to country clubs and heck even public courses are way more than a CAS shoot! Any hobby is going to cost money!!! If someone complains about the money to get started in CAS then they really don't want to do it! When I started I would have eaten rice for a month to get equipment for this great sport of ours!;)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

As far as the expense aspect, ya know anyone that's into golf??? My brother in law and sister (both gone) were into golf big time. My bro-in-law was pretty good. He used to spend as much on new clubs as I did I guns, plus memberships to country clubs and hack even public courses are way more than a CAS shoot! Any hobby is going to cost money!!! If someone complains about the money to get started in CAS then they really don't want to do it! When I started I would have eaten rice for a month to get equipment for this great sport of ours!;)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

This is true, sold quite a few items from lost interest hobby's to get in the game, cause i hatted rice.

The whole expense thing comes up when prospective new members compare the cost of getting started in CAS with leather and four guns as opposed to a single gun and gear for USPS or IDPA.  Most of the other games are comparable in cost, but involve modern guns.

These are the obstacles we have to show our potential new participants how to get around or convince them of the value in those expenditures.

15 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Had to pull out.

Moving store to Colorado and our first grandkid is having her first birthday party on the 22nd.

:(

Hey ol-man

Clean out you PM's will ya.......^_^

OLG

Archived