SASS Wire Forum

Glock 22 conversion question

Trigger Mike

I like to put things on here as a sounding board and get input and advice .  In my travels on gun broker I ran into a glock 9mm with a 22 conversion.  the seller wanted way too much for it but it got me to thinking about an idea.  My youngest son is a glock fan through and through.  Anytime I open the safe he reaches for the glock 19 and checks to make sure it is empty and handles it.  He likes shooting it.  There are 2 different brands of 22 conversions that I have found out there.  A gen 3 receiver can be had for 160 and a 22 conversion from 250 to 340 so I had the idea of mating the two together and giving him a glock 22 caliber for Christmas .  right now he likes to use my Sig 1911-22 or my Browning 1911-22 but he prefers the glock 9mm.  

Is the glock 22 conversion kits any good?  which brand is better?  Is there a cheaper way to do what I am thinking?  My other thought was to save the 160 got the frame and just give him mine and put the 22 conversion on it and not give him the 9mm part until much later.

Mike,

Call these folks and talk to them. They can steer you to a good set up. 

GlockStore
Address: 4770 Ruffner St, San Diego, CA 92111

Hours: Closed ⋅ Opens 9AM

Phone: (800) 601-8273

Howdy,

It sure sounds like a thoughtful idea.

Any way to try it before you lay out the bucks?

After shootin a lotta other .22s my very favorite is

the Browning Buckmark. An older one very nice and smooth.

Best

CR

ps after reading it seems the conversion is very ammo sensitive.

Im not sure I want a .22 that wont shoot stingers.

That's just me.....

On 12/18/2018 at 10:18 AM, Trigger Mike said:

I like to put things on here as a sounding board and get input and advice .  In my travels on gun broker I ran into a glock 9mm with a 22 conversion.  the seller wanted way too much for it but it got me to thinking about an idea.  My youngest son is a glock fan through and through.  Anytime I open the safe he reaches for the glock 19 and checks to make sure it is empty and handles it.  He likes shooting it.  There are 2 different brands of 22 conversions that I have found out there.  A gen 3 receiver can be had for 160 and a 22 conversion from 250 to 340 so I had the idea of mating the two together and giving him a glock 22 caliber for Christmas .  right now he likes to use my Sig 1911-22 or my Browning 1911-22 but he prefers the glock 9mm.  

Is the glock 22 conversion kits any good?  which brand is better?  Is there a cheaper way to do what I am thinking?  My other thought was to save the 160 got the frame and just give him mine and put the 22 conversion on it and not give him the 9mm part until much later.

I'll note and this applies to all conversions, regardless of gun make or model, can be somewhat ammo sensitive and most people I've seen using .22 conversions use CCI Mini Mags.

I picked up the Sig 1911-22.  Pretty happy with it, but like every 1911 I own, I can't leave it alone.  Constantly changing something.  Removed the mag safety before I even fired it, does not belong on 1911.   Functions well even if you don't change anything     GW

As tempting as it is I get the point that the conversion kits are not always a good idea.  I also this week saw his brother not being grateful for what he got for his birthday and already wanting to trade his ATV for something else so I need to teach them to make do with what they have better than I do. The younger one already likes the ones I have and when I mentioned there is a glock version he didn't seem to be real interested.  

Howdy,

Why does a Cobra go for millions?

People want what they didn't have in high school

and now have too much money.  So they buy what

they couldn't have years ago and cost is no object.

One of those car rebuilding shows I just wanted to slap the guy.

He took an old Tbird and rebuilt it with all non ford parts.

And he was a big guy and hardly fit into the car.

My aren't we getting deep?

Best

CR

Archived