SASS Wire Forum

This from a GM Dealership...LOL

Charlie T Waite

I recently put my 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT up for sale for $4,500 neg.  I decided to list it on the FB "Minot ND Buy, Sell, Trade, and Rummage Sell" page as well with 10 or so pictures.  I was messaged on the page by a local GM dealer stating they were very interested and ask why I didn't include any pictures of the back seat.  I told them it didn't have one & they said "oh-okay".

Remember that Pontiac is a GM product - here is a stock side view photo of one.

Image result for 1986 Fiero gt.....:rolleyes::blink:

Why... 'tis a two-seater ~ they're gonna zip around and have a hell of a good time!  :)

In my day, I managed quite well in a Triumph Spitfire, Triumph TR-4, Fiat 128 Sport (wait - that one actually did have a tiny back seat!), two Fiat 124 Sport Spiders, and my current zoomie Miata.  

Who needs a back seat??  ;)

18 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Just a FYI car dealers don't have a clue about what they're actually selling, let alone a car that's been out of production for many years. The last car I bought I was actually telling the salesman what features it had and didn't have... he simply didn't know.

I hope you asked for the employee discount

59 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

One sure way to prevent ……………………………

…………………………….. "backseat accidents"

:blush:

Not sure about that...Had a friend in the Air Force, he was 6' 2,  girl friend was 5'11...VW bug they managed to get there...

Texas Lizard

I had a new '84 Fiero back when they first came out.  My son, Hatfield rode in the passenger floorboard on family trips!  We had a small thin pad that he sat on and he was happy as could be.  He was five and six years old at the time!:rolleyes: :lol:

1 hour ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Just a FYI car dealers don't have a clue about what they're actually selling, let alone a car that's been out of production for many years. The last car I bought I was actually telling the salesman what features it had and didn't have... he simply didn't know.

This is my second one the first one I bought a brand new 86 GT when they first came out.  Was sorry I ever sold it so I bought this one.  Was working on 100% restore but if only got to about 88 or 90%.  Since I have a few other projects in the works I have to eliminate a couple.  When I bought my first one they did know exactly all the options and everything same when I pick this one up. But I believe you're right youngsters today know nothing about what they sell we're how things are made.  This is an awful lot of fun to drive around and has a lot of get up and go.  Its original everything except the bra on the nose and a CD player the original radio works and I still have it, but I opted to listen to CDs

I remember when that car was debuted at EPCOT back in the mid 70’s I wanted one then but the ex said no. Now there’s no way in hell that I would fit in one 

Mid engine cars are a hoot.  Had a Porsche 914 (the karman ghia with a bad bond job) that was fun but ate $100 bills for breakfast.  Liked the Fiero and Toyota MR2 second gen too.  But kicked the habit with a Honda S2000... the perfect sportscar IMO.

Well I'm having a lot of fun with my Mini Cooper and since I have to have some surgery on my knee and shoulder I'm not going to be able to finish the other 15 to 20% of the restore on the fiero for a while so instead of letting it set thought I just might let it go to someone would be able to finish it and enjoy it

A friend of mine had one and in the Northeast Ohio winters shall I say he had "a lot of fun" getting around??? He said it was the absolute worst in snow!:lol:

7 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

A friend of mine had one and in the Northeast Ohio winters shall I say he had "a lot of fun" getting around??? He said it was the absolute worst in snow!:lol:

I live in North Dakota and haven't had any problems at all.  :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Bout like some folks that work in gun shops behind the counter..... :lol:;)

..........Widder

They also have a Ferrari body kit that includes an intake manifold that says Ferrari.

7 hours ago, Charlie T Waite said:

I recently put my 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT up for sale for $4,500 neg.  I decided to list it on the FB "Minot ND Buy, Sell, Trade, and Rummage Sell" page as well with 10 or so pictures.  I was messaged on the page by a local GM dealer stating they were very interested and ask why I didn't include any pictures of the back seat.  I told them it didn't have one & they said "oh-okay".

Remember that Pontiac is a GM product - here is a stock side view photo of one.

Image result for 1986 Fiero gt.....:rolleyes::blink:

Along with the late model Corvair Corsa  one of America's prettiest cars.

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I'm afraid your friend was automotively challenged!  Mine was great in the snow and better than average on ice!!  It was low slung, so it didn't like deep snow or frozen ruts, but it was adequate even in those.

1 minute ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

I always thought the Fiero should have been named and marketed as ALL new improved redesigned Corvair 

Apples and oranges!!

It was originally supposed to have a more powerful engine... but the marketing types quickly caught on that producing a car that would outperform the 'Vette at a fraction of the cost would not be a sound business decision.  :rolleyes:

Archived